Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's the Christmas Boxing Bonanza tme,,,

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

Cancel Christmas again
    ...Santa hadn't even painted Rudolfs nose...

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

That's it!

Im outta here!

The defeat of Buglioni was a bitter pill to swallow.. Not only did it cement my demise on this forum, but it left a stain of embarrassment tarnishing my sterling reputation.

After a defeat. I never fail to return to this forum and humbly accept my short comings.. This occasion will be no different.

Was Buglioni just a shot shadow of his former self? Probably. Did I take Chen as a nobody? Absolutely. For this complacency, I paid the price.

So, after the second get rich quick scheme crashes and burns on the opening night, I have no option but to fall upon my own sword..

So with a heavy heart, and a lighter pocket, I bid you all a good day, and saddle up to head off into the sunset once again..

Too all my little Christmas puddings, i wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year..
    I'll turn up again with all guns blazing when you least expect it..

Till then..

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

flanna01 wrote: »
    That's it!

Im outta here!

The defeat of Buglioni was a bitter pill to swallow.. Not only did it cement my demise on this forum, but it left a stain of embarrassment tarnishing my sterling reputation.

After a defeat. I never fail to return to this forum and humbly accept my short comings.. This occasion will be no different.

Was Buglioni just a shot shadow of his former self? Probably. Did I take Chen as a nobody? Absolutely. For this complacency, I paid the price.

So, after the second get rich quick scheme crashes and burns on the opening night, I have no option but to fall upon my own sword..

So with a heavy heart, and a lighter pocket, I bid you all a good day, and saddle up to head off into the sunset once again..

Too all my little Christmas puddings, i wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year..
    I'll turn up again with all guns blazing when you least expect it..

Till then..

Please dont your knowledge of Boxing is appalling. Compulsive gambling is your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I think the rule to be stuck with in boxing betting is to keep it to singles/doubles and definitely no more than a treble.

Most of the value turns up when other markets than outright are released on fight week anyway. Rare there's good value in outright betting in boxing especially when taking on the favourite I find anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Morrison J wrote: »
    I think the rule to be stuck with in boxing betting is to keep it to singles/doubles and definitely no more than a treble.

Most of the value turns up when other markets than outright are released on fight week anyway. Rare there's good value in outright betting in boxing especially when taking on the favourite I find anyway.

I find massive value in betting on TKO instead of KO/TKO/DQ.
    If you have a boxer who is evens for KO/TKO/DQ you'll often get 2/1 on a TKO, basically double the odds which would suggest half of stoppages are by TKO.

In reality I'd say 80% of stoppages are TKOs and there are rarely any DQs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Og81 : Please dont your knowledge of Boxing is appalling. Compulsive gambling is your issue

Me: My dear Sir, I am the leading Guru of boxing wagers on this forum.. Your claim to fame is being the CEO of the Galactic Federation of Eunuch's. You turn your snout up at any investment presented to you.. Because you lack the gonads to take it on...

Hence your fast rise to the top as Chief and Master of all Eunuchs..

(Didn't quite see you posting before the Russian match up, or indeed the recent demise of Buglioni... Lost your ball's son??)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

flanna01 wrote: »
    Og81 : Please dont your knowledge of Boxing is appalling. Compulsive gambling is your issue

Me: My dear Sir, I am the leading Guru of boxing wagers on this forum.. Your claim to fame is being the CEO of the Galactic Federation of Eunuch's. You turn your snout up at any investment presented to you.. Because you lack the gonads to take it on...

Hence your fast rise to the top as Chief and Master of all Eunuchs..

(Didn't quite see you posting before the Russian match up, or indeed the recent demise of Buglioni... Lost your ball's son??)

Mate you talk nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Angliru wrote: »
    Jeff Horn by KO/TKO vs Mundine
    Tyson Fury by Points/Decision vs Deontay Wilder
    Carl Frampton by Points/Decision vs Josh Warrington
    Dillian Whyte by Points/Decision vs Dereck Chisora

€10 returns €356 on BetStars. Paddy an option too for €30 less return.

Horn should be stopping this carcass of Mundine. Horn isn't as horrible as would appear and is quite relentless. Mundine is ancient and his weight hopping is bound to take its toll. It is a joke he is even getting this fight really. I'd expect a mid round stoppage for Horn and quite a beatdown.

You could go whatever way you want with the Fury/Wilder fight and chuck in your own bet here. I'm going for Fury by points simply because Wilder has been outboxed by much lesser men and even if Fury is passed it he has enough brain and knowhow to likely avoid being clipped. It just seems the most likely outcome right now. Fury does look in good feck too. Wouldn't be turned off by Wilder by KO for a slightly less return though.

Frampton by sound points decision (116-112 seems likely) is a standard enough pick. Should be a good fight.

I'd expect another decent fight between Whyte and Chisora and expect the same result except a little more convincing.

Anyone feeling frisky can throw in Eubank to beat DeGale as well. DeGale is a shadow of himself and went life and death with Truax twice and Eubank should be winning on sheer volume alone. €10 returns 681 there.

Enjoy the pints lads ;)

We were absolutely robbed lads. Ah well. Hopefully Dillian Whyte gets the KO or I'll be a little sour.

Advertisement