Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging in after writing post

Options
  • 16-11-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, feel free to move.

I often browse boards without logging in (lazi/forgetfulness as opposed to nefarious purposes), and then sometimes I am inspired to post something, so I go ahead and write up my inevitably devastatingly witty and profound post, but then when I click submit, I am asked to log in. This is not unreasonable, of course, but when I enter my login details, I am brought to a blank (white) page, and my post has disappeared into the ether.

Perhaps this is a known issue. Perhaps users could be encouraged to log in before they start writing the post?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Ficheall,

I've moved your thread to the Help Desk, as it's more applicable. What version of the site are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Classic. Not sure if the same happens on the new version, will check.

Huh. Tried the other version, and it wanted me to log in before I could reply. Then switched back to legacy and it also wanted me to log in before I could reply. So I can't replicate the error, but it hasn't definitely happened to me on multiple occasions. Sorry.
    Don't worry about it :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

When I tried it was asking me to login before I could post. Perhaps your session is timing out. What method do you use to login (username and password or a social media account)? And do you wait a while before posting when this issue occurs?

Yep, it's asking me to log in now too. Username and password, and no, no wait time between writing and posting.
    I'll leave this message a while before submitting and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Yep, timeout issue. Fair enough.

Advertisement