Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Born with a silver spoon in one’s mouth

• 14-07-2018 11:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭

When will parents ever learn that their children need to wake up and smell reality in the real world.
    The youth of today are too busy on their phones, masturbating for hours in the shower or in bed half the day. The thought of them doing some work for more than three hours a day seems like slave labour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Go to bed and sleep it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Jennehy wrote: »
    When will parents ever learn that their children need to wake up and smell reality in the real world.
    The youth of today are too busy on their phones, masturbating for hours in the shower or in bed half the day. The thought of them doing some work for more than three hours a day seems like slave labour.

This has nothing to do with you getting old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

Water John wrote: »
    Go to bed and sleep it off.

Sleep what off Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Gimme five bees to a quarter OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Teens **** their genitalia off is living in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I blame the implementation of the Metric system.

I always suspected it was the tool of the Devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Teens **** their genitalia off is living in the real world.

Exactly.

When you are a teen, you yank yourself off around the clock because you can't get any proper sex with girls.

Pulling the tool off yourself won’t pay the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Tarring all the youth with the same brush there op!

When I was young I walked to school in my bare feet, there was no roads, had to walk on the ditches, avoiding dinosaurs and sabre toothed tigers. School was in a hedge. When I got home from school I got beaten with a stick, but I was glad to get the beatings so I was. Made me the woman I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Jesus OP are you still going on about that plumbing apprentice you took on?

• Advertisement

GMSA wrote: »
    Jesus OP are you still going on about that plumbing apprentice you took on?

On number five now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

On number five now

If he doesn't work out give me a shout and I have a candidate for you. My son is working as a labourer. He gets up for the Dublin bus at 4am in order to get the 4.40am bus to Dublin city centre and then if not working in the city has to get other buses to a location in Westmeath (an hour on another bus) or an hour on another bus to a place in Kildare and then repeats the journey to arrive home depending on his bus back to the city getting in on time to get a reasonable bus back down the country. His earliest arrival time home is at 8pm, 9.40pm or more recently because he might work late a bit it could be 11.30pm. He does that five days a week. He was a bit flakey when he started working with the company nearly two years ago but is now punctual, reliable and a good worker. He'd love an apprenticeship and I'd love not to be driving him to that bloody morning bus or getting on the bus in the evening to wake him up so he doesn't end up in Waterford, although the drivers are pretty good and do that mostly if it's the nice ones and they're in a good humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,441 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pulling the tool off yourself won’t pay the bills.

It might if you have a webcam on the go :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Louise O’Neil is a millennial, and still lives at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

In my day you were born with a wooden spoon up your ar$e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

jaxxx wrote: »
    In my day you were born with a wooden spoon up your ar$e!

I prefer vegetables or fruit. Maybe the odd fist if I'm feeling dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Exactly.

When you are a teen, you yank yourself off around the clock because you can't get any proper sex with girls.

It's not that, it's just that when the hormones hit at puberty it's the best thing evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

Most of them never saw hard manual work. It's a foreign concept. Parents working in office orientated jobs, living in urban areas with all mod cons doesn't help. The promotion of 3rd level education with all sorts of courses appeals to them as well. In yrs to come tradesmen will become like hens teeth. Apprenticeships were never pushed at secondary level.
    I came from a farming background living rurally but working in logistics for an agri merchant. Often meet farmers who have issues with their kids having no interest in daily farm work. Wouldn't be bothered with tractor driving even. Wife spends day driving them to GAA training matches etc . Internet is a major issue alright. Plenty will agree they spend hrs staring at screens and most of it pure rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

If he doesn't work out give me a shout and I have a candidate for you. My son is working as a labourer. He gets up for the Dublin bus at 4am in order to get the 4.40am bus to Dublin city centre and then if not working in the city has to get other buses to a location in Westmeath (an hour on another bus) or an hour on another bus to a place in Kildare and then repeats the journey to arrive home depending on his bus back to the city getting in on time to get a reasonable bus back down the country. His earliest arrival time home is at 8pm, 9.40pm or more recently because he might work late a bit it could be 11.30pm. He does that five days a week. He was a bit flakey when he started working with the company nearly two years ago but is now punctual, reliable and a good worker. He'd love an apprenticeship and I'd love not to be driving him to that bloody morning bus or getting on the bus in the evening to wake him up so he doesn't end up in Waterford, although the drivers are pretty good and do that mostly if it's the nice ones and they're in a good humour.

I think your son needs to find a handier job for himself somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

And you know this how???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Showers are better places than public buses (there was a story just the other day about a 'high IQ' lad from far away) that got handed 2yrs for this on D'Bus.

A silver spoon is highly beneficial, as the colloidal (or nano) nano silver particles absorbed help defend and boost the early immune system, against most pathogens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I think your son needs to find a handier job for himself somewhere.

Easier said than done. There are very few green shoots of recovery outside the pale and who on a starters wage can afford to live inside it?

Advertisement