Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Huffington Post

• 13-07-2018 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

It swings so far to the left it's not even funny :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

What way do you swing, yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

What way do you swing, yourself?

I dangle in the centre right :o What about you? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Creative83 wrote:
    I dangle in the centre right What about you?

Err emmm, maybe don't read it then, I'm sure there's plenty of other publications that meet your needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wikipedia
    HuffPost (formerly The Huffington Post and sometimes abbreviated HuffPo) is a liberal American news and opinion website and blog that has both localized and international editions. It was founded in 2005 by Andrew Breitbart, Arianna Huffington, Kenneth Lerer, and Jonah Peretti.

Andrew Breitbart went on to found Breitbart.com, rightwing news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Nothing like The Giro for balanced news.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The Huff Post jumped the shark when they wrote an article calling Muhammad a feminist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

biko wrote: »
    Wikipedia

Andrew Breitbart went on to found Breitbart.com, rightwing news.

One of the founders of Vice, McInnes went on to be involved in right wing media as well. None of these lads believe a word they're saying but they're making a fortune peddling hysteria to the new left and the new right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Breitbarts crowning moment was when he claimed a school in LA re-naming Saint Patricks Day to Potato Day was the sign of Obama's impending PC apocalypse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Creative83 wrote: »

'Liberal' and 'left' are not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

AfterLife wrote: »
    One of the founders of Vice, McInnes went on to be involved in right wing media as well. None of these lads believe a word they're saying but they're making a fortune peddling hysteria to the new left and the new right.

If McInnes doesn't believe what he says he must have his skin scrubbed raw from all the showers he must take.

Ipso wrote: »
    If McInnes doesn't believe what he says he must have his skin scrubbed raw from all the showers he must take.

I always get the impression he's slightly laughing at his fan base most of the time.

AfterLife wrote: »
    I always get the impression he's slightly laughing at his fan base most of the time.

You can say the same thing for the talking heads on the Left too.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You can say the same thing for the talking heads on the Left too.

That's the point I was making, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Ipso wrote: »

Do they want to be entertainers or political commentators or both? All of them best ignored including TYT, Alex Jones, Shapiro and loads of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Creative83 wrote: »

And why did you think it was so important to tell us all this? Do you seriously think the people who run a major American newspaper are communists?
    Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Do they want to be entertainers or political commentators or both? All of them best ignored including TYT, Alex Jones, Shapiro and loads of others.

Ben Shapiro brings facts to this talks. You might want to watch his videos before trying to disparage him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If they leaned even slightly to the left, they'd pay their contributors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Monkey Man wrote: »
    Without the Huffington Post I'd have never known there are over 7000 genders.

There was I thinking it was still blokes and birds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There was I thinking it was still blokes and birds

It is. Biology and facts > identity politics nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

Ben Shapiro brings facts to this talks. You might want to watch his videos before trying to disparage him again.
    Shapiro does talk a lot of sense, but he is also a zionists shrill, who is quiet happy to let America ( in fact he encourages it) meddle in the middle east at the bidding of Israel,

Ben is religious and believes in god. That's enough to write him off as a loon.

Ben is religious and believes in god. That's enough to write him off as a loon.

Ben never uses religion as the foundation for his arguments. Stop being ignorant.

Ben never uses religion as the foundation for his arguments. Stop being ignorant.

Wut? Religion plays no part in his political beliefs lol.

Wut? Religion plays no part in his political beliefs lol.

No. He's said it numerous times that he doesn't rely on it. Maybe you should actually watch his speeches [there's plenty on youtube] before spouting off again.

No. He's said it numerous times that he doesn't rely on it. Maybe you should actually watch his speeches [there's plenty on youtube] before spouting off again.

Not on freewill and the justice system it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Stories like this, make it hard for me to take it seriously.

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1018290098503340033

Stories like this, make it hard for me to take it seriously.

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1018290098503340033

And they wonder why Trump calls them Fake news.

Like this idiot from Newsweek who claimed Trump was in a Mental Hospital and even seen his medical records but wouldn't answer a simple Yes or No question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

And they wonder why Trump calls them Fake news.

Like this idiot from Newsweek who claimed Trump was in a Mental Hospital and even seen his medical records but wouldn't answer a simple Yes or No question about it.

Sometimes I feel bad for Eichenwald. He is known by a chunk of people for his rather unusual choice of tabs while tweeting. His twitter description is gradually shrinking and he seems like the kind of person that spends far to much time on social media. Last thing I saw was him broadcasting through tweets at an airline that his wife had contacted Hepatitis.

DZ4_JrXXkAEpvY0.jpg

• Advertisement

Sometimes I feel bad for Eichenwald. He is known by a chunk of people for his rather unusual choice of tabs while tweeting. His twitter description is gradually shrinking and he seems like the kind of person that spends far to much time on social media. Last thing I saw was him broadcasting through tweets at an airline that his wife had contacted Hepatitis.

DZ4_JrXXkAEpvY0.jpg

I don't. He's a lying scumbag. He's part of the reason why nobody trusts the media anymore.

Advertisement