Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Laptop 1TB/4GB/Win 8 €399 Powercity

Options
  • 25-11-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

In the market for a sub €400 laptop, Powercity have this Toshiba for €400

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-C5017T&brands=TOSHIBA&accessories=1

Seems a decent spec especially with the 1 TB drive - anyone any experience negative/positive on Toshibas or indeed dealing with PowerCity? I've been a Dell user for years and really don't have much expereince of other brands/vendors.

Thanks!

JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

IRCA wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

In the market for a sub €400 laptop, Powercity have this Toshiba for €400

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-30-C5017T&brands=TOSHIBA&accessories=1

Seems a decent spec especially with the 1 TB drive - anyone any experience negative/positive on Toshibas or indeed dealing with PowerCity? I've been a Dell user for years and really don't have much expereince of other brands/vendors.

Thanks!

JP

It's a spec that I'd expect for 400 quid.the hdd size is irrelevant in my view as the processor(which is very basic) is more important.
    Shop around and keep an eye open for a spec with Intel core i3 chip or even some of the amd chips (a8,a10)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

There's a better deal listed on HUKD for £349 (UK shipping - €430 to ROI) here (sold on Amazon).

Acer Aspire E1-570 15.6-inch Notebook
    Intel Core i3 3217U 1.8GHz Processor
    6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL
    LAN, WLAN, Webcam
    Integrated Graphics, Windows 8

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

That toshiba has a real budget processor. As earlier mentioned an i3 chip is the very least you should be considering and an i3 3xxx series chip and upwards at that.

Advertisement