Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monopoly (Classic) €11.99 in Argos

• 21-11-2013 2:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to buy Monopoly for a while now but it's weird how the Classic version is quite hard to get; the Empire version seems to be the must-have board game right now.

But I found the Classic one, in Argos, for only €11.99.
    It's normally €19.99, so that's a good saving.

Just thought I'd let you know incase someone is looking for it, especially in the run-up to Christmas. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

fussyonion wrote: »
    Been meaning to buy Monopoly for a while now but it's weird how the Classic version is quite hard to get; the Empire version seems to be the must-have board game right now.

Just thought I'd let you know incase someone is looking for it, especially in the run-up to Christmas. :)

Just buy your family a few swords to fight with instead, less chance of them killing each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

Cheers fussyonoin. Exactly what i was looking for and a great price too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Just so you are aware, this is the UK edition not the Irish edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware, this is the UK edition not the Irish edition.

Jesus..I only noticed that today. I don't know why but that's really annoyed me.
    Looking online at Argos' website, they don't even seem to stock the Irish Edition. This is bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

This the Irish one?

Crumlin and Kimmage officially sh!tholes!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Jesus..I only noticed that today. I don't know why but that's really annoyed me.
    Looking online at Argos' website, they don't even seem to stock the Irish Edition. This is bizarre.

Try noticing it after you've bought and brought the damn thing home! Not that it makes it a different game but something doesn't sit right not playing the Irish edition. Suppose I'll return it, Smyths have the Irish edition for €17.99

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Try noticing it after you've bought and brought the damn thing home! Not that it makes it a different game but something doesn't sit right not playing the Irish edition. Suppose I'll return it, Smyths have the Irish edition for €17.99

I DID buy it! And I feel exactly the same as you; even though it doesn't make a difference to the game, it doesn't feel right playing the UK one.

I also checked the Smyth's website and noticed they have it, so like you, I might actually return it and get the Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

I bought this in Heatons, not sure if its good or bad but it is onsale..

http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Monopoly-Millionaire/282774/4009000000

Munstermad wrote: »
    I bought this in Heatons, not sure if its good or bad but it is onsale..

http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Monopoly-Millionaire/282774/4009000000

Looks good..I was talking to a cashier in Argos and she was telling me the Empire version was selling like hot cakes.

I like all these new versions but I figured I'd get the Classic because we're all familiar with it, know how it works and would avoid Christmas evening squabbles if someone doesn't like the new fangled one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

A little off topic but is there any other fun family games out there? I like board games where you move things around and roll the dice.

Would RISK be family friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

A little off topic but is there any other fun family games out there? I like board games where you move things around and roll the dice.

It really is. But it might not suit everyone's liking. I would go for Trivial Pursuit or Taboo or even Party & Co which combines them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

If you are looking for a good family game, Cranium is great fun.

Its currently half price in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=cranium&authToken=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Probably a UK version, not the one with Crumlin/Kimmage as the cheaper places to buy! :)

Do they even do an Irish version any more??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Oscar_Drai wrote: »
    It really is. But it might not suit everyone's liking. I would go for Trivial Pursuit or Taboo or even Party & Co which combines them all.
    We love taboo in our house, usually ends up with the adults thumping each other (all in good fun) would highly recommend!!! :D And we played cranium Wow with my two daughters (9,and12) at Halloween and was great fun!! Highly recommend, I bought 3 to give as xmas pressies this year, great value in Argos..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

brevity wrote: »
    If you are looking for a good family game, Cranium is great fun.

Its currently half price in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=cranium&authToken=

Bought this today and it says its for adults on the box. Is there a children's one too? did they give me the wrong one ???:confused:

on Argos website it states 8+ on amazon website it states manufacturer reckons 13+ ???!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Bought this today and it says its for adults on the box. Is there a children's one too? did they give me the wrong one ???:confused:

I played this with my 9 and 12 year olds and was great... they loved it.. if any of the questions were too difficult we picked another one but the game is not "adult" in that sense.. Is suitable but for older children... Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Monopoly Board Game (2013 version) (UK) £6.33 on Amazon now here.

EDIT:

exclamation_mark.gif

***The 2013 set comes with the new cat piece***

The-newest-Monopoly-token-008.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement