Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N52 - Cloghan to Billistown [open to traffic]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

For an update on this, looks like a pedestrian/cycle steel bridge is planned to go there.
    http://navancycling.ie/greenways/boynevalleytolakelands/

May as well mention it here too, Meath CoCo want to build a new stretch on N52 immediately south of this, meaning that bridge will cross the local road but the greenway will cross the realigned N52 at grade.

http://idocswebdpss.meathcoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=P820012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    May as well mention it here too, Meath CoCo want to build a new stretch on N52 immediately south of this, meaning that bridge will cross the local road but the greenway will cross the realigned N52 at grade.

http://idocswebdpss.meathcoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=P820012

That's great news it cant happen quick enough Hopefully the do from there to kells aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

roadmaster wrote: »
    That's great news it cant happen quick enough Hopefully the do from there to kells aswell

Not great that it will essentially split the greenway in two, an at grade pedestrian crossing of a National road by a planned tourist route beggars belief.

Not great that it will essentially split the greenway in two, an at grade pedestrian crossing of a National road by a planned tourist route beggars belief.

Sure they will just put an overbridge there along the old railway line when the time comes to get people across, there's no splitting its up on an embankment anyway

I apologies i just seen they have a chicane indicated on the drawing . just assumed they would put in a bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

roadmaster wrote: »
    Sure they will just put an overbridge there along the old railway line when the time comes to get people across, there's no splitting its up on an embankment anyway

I'm not referring to the old road, the Meath County Council documentation for the new road literally says it will be an at grade crossing.

See the first document labelled [Site location map Map-HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL ALIGNMENT] at Pete_Cavan's link http://idocswebdpss.meathcoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=P820012

EDIT: Ah I see you spotted it

• Advertisement

The new alignment has already been updated on Google Maps.

Now, maybe Google will get around to downgrading the old N11 through Enniscorthy...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

The new alignment has already been updated on Google Maps.

Now, maybe Google will get around to downgrading the old N11 through Enniscorthy...

And the old A31 through Magherafelt..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I've reported that to them a few times now, still nothing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

spacetweek wrote: »
    I've reported that to them a few times now, still nothing.
    The old N11 between Arklow and Rathnew still isn't fixed. 5.5 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

marno21 wrote: »

I'm Level 8 in Google Maps, let me submit requests for these 2 yokes. :pac:

• Advertisement

yannakis wrote: »

A31 through Magherafelt is now B40. 😋

A31 through Magherafelt is now B40. ��

I see more parts of the old A6 showing as yellow so I'll report them too. It's a bit fiddly but let's see how long it takes them to react.

Waze is up to date though :D

A few pics taken last week

An one more. It turned out a fine job, not that i would be speeding but you can make Delvin in Mullingar fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Another great addition to the national secondary routes. Bit by bit they’re been upgraded. Hopefully Meath coco push their sections for improvement also. And hopefully to the same standard as the Westmeath sections that have already opened. Some difference in the past 10 - 15 years.

marno21 wrote: »

This seems to have been updated :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Drove this new section on Thursday evening, on my first long drive out of Dublin in 6 weeks.

Brilliant little scheme that makes the drive between Mullingar and Delvin seem like no time at all. More of this please on the N52! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

This seems to have been updated :pac:

No, still not right - there is now an N11 (as well as M11) marker on the M11, between Wicklow and Arklow!

spacetweek wrote: »
    No, still not right - there is now an N11 (as well as M11) marker on the M11, between Wicklow and Arklow!

Oh gawd, what have they done :rolleyes:

I'll report more.

Oh gawd, what have they done :rolleyes:

I'll report more.

Yeah, that's been like that since July 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

This is why I use Openstreetmap!!!

This is why I use Openstreetmap!!!

Well, this is why I use Waze because the changes editors like me do, go live in a few days :) Some small exceptions go live instantly, and some others take a couple of weeks. Most importantly I guess, Waze is designed for drivers :)

With the likes of N52 to keep the post relevant, we lay the roads in advance, make the connections etc, and open them as soon as we get notified they're ready. Or we time it for the date/time in case they announce it in advance, which is a rare sight unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheerylemon

Er... anyone know when certain road improvements occurred? I can’t find any reliable sources

I’m trying to trace a route of the old N52 before improvements

I’m trying to trace a route of the old N52 before improvements

Open http://map.geohive.ie/
    Move to the N52
    Open Base Information and Mapping
    Tick GeoHive Map and Aerial 2000
    Use the sliders to fade the old aerial image and the new road map in and out. You'll see the new N52 on the map and the old N52 on the aerial image.

Note that Cloghan-Billistown isn't shown on the road map as it is out of date.

Could someone update the thread title to [open to traffic]?

Advertisement