Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭jacool

Still in our hands. 3 wins and we're in play offs. Pontus trying to get a yellow card when we're far from assured of top 6 seems mad when there's no one to take his spot.
    Could it go down to goal difference?
    Sheff Wed host Fulham on the last day. Too close to call, and Fulham were 8 points back 5 games ago. Huddersfield could test their resolve on Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

when was the last time we were outside the play offs?

November :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

jacool wrote: »
    Could it go down to goal difference?
    Sheff Wed host Fulham on the last day. .....................

Nightmare scenario would be a draw suiting both of them to make the playoffs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭jacool

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Nightmare scenario would be a draw suiting both of them to make the playoffs :(
    If Leeds pick up 6 points in the next two games that nightmare scenario shouldn't happen. If Wednesday draw one game and Fulham and Leeds win the two all three teams could have 79 points going into that last day! Leeds would know then that a win would be enough for a top 6 finish.
    Still think that Huddersfield will think that they need to win against Fulham this weekend, especially if they thought they could potentially have to play them again. Psychology and all that.
    Thankfully that game is before their game in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

There's no doubt about it but we have the easiest run in. Fulham have Hudders and Brentford while Wendys have Ipswitch and Derby. I can't both of them coming out of both of those games with 6 points each.

Today is a big big day.

Leeds at Burton Albion, Fulham at Huddersfield both in playoffs, Reading at relegation haunted Forest, Wednesday at home to near neighbours Derby.

At least one team will slip up. If Leeds are the only one, it's disastrous. But it's really a good opportunity to slide back into the playoff spots, and still with Fulham and Wednesday meeting each other on the last day.

We've had those "must win" games before but this surely is the ultimate "must win" game

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Good start for us, Huddersfield one up against Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Bleak enough results so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

shaping up to be the perfect storm, everything going against us again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

1 down , absolute bottle job

Make that 2 ......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Not a single shot on target for either team - until now -%%%%%%%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A goal down now, despite being the better side:mad:

Some storm this is turning out to be.

Uuugggggghhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

that's that then

Hang on a minute......

Shlippery wrote: »
    Some storm this is turning out to be.

Bang goes the play-offs:mad:

Goodnight For anothe season

We didn't want it as much as Fulham did :mad::mad:

wait a minute

• Advertisement

Maybe a point. Come on lads!

10 mins to get something against a very poor side

Fooking live score acting the bollox , told me earlier it was 1 nil Leeds and now said 2-2 , only to correct itself a minute later , let a roar out in McDonalds for nothing !!!!!

WTF, where did that equaliser go?

Fooking live score acting the bollox , told me earlier it was 1 nil Leeds and now said 2-2 , only to correct itself a minute later , let a roar out in McDonalds for nothing !!!!!

PaddyPower had the same !!!!!

It's breakin my heart. That stupid notification!!!

Gutted.

I find flashscore better. Doesn't change a miserable day though :mad:

Today is a big big day.

Leeds at Burton Albion, Fulham at Huddersfield both in playoffs, Reading at relegation haunted Forest, Wednesday at home to near neighbours Derby.

At least one team will slip up. If Leeds are the only one, it's disastrous...

Think we can say, disastrous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Our lack of creativity is killing us. We really didnt do ourselves any favours when we didnt invest well enough in January.

Its like the Grayson season all over again :(

• Advertisement

I'd say Cellino won't be too happy refunding back part of the season tickets if we don't make playoffs.

We get 6 points and Fulham get none! Believe 😜

Shlippery wrote: »
    I'd say Cellino won't be too happy refunding back part of the season tickets if we don't make playoffs.

And to compound things, he'll blame Monk and sack him

Our lack of creativity is killing us. We really didnt do ourselves any favours when we didnt invest well enough in January.

Its like the Grayson season all over again :(

Speaking of Grayson ...we should take a leaf out of his book and go after Maguire from cork , exactly the type of player we're missing up top, lack of January signings had finally caught up with us it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

1 down , absolute bottle job

Make that 2 ......:(

This. 100% this.

Absolutely sickened and I know it's stating the obvious, but we miss out and we're right back down at the foot of the mountain again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I was like Tye of Arsenaltv to I'd be saying the season has been better than expectations. The reality is I'm not, it's been a capitulation and very much of their own doing. Minimum expectation next season is playoffs, if not automatic

(

Horgan and Boyle were free. I'll be honest here and say I don't know why other clubs weren't biting. They were both in O'Neills ROI squad. They were playing Europa league matches against reasonable teams until December. Dundalk never got beaten by more than 1 goal in the group. How many clues do you need ? That other ejeet McCarthy kept checking them out but didn't bite, Grayson knows that he's got 2 steals, paying a few bob for Maguire might sound like a reasonable bet.

And to compound things, he'll blame Monk and sack him

He could, but it would be outrageous. If the team had held it together in the past month or so, Monk would have been in the running for Manager of the Season. He still could be, though could take 2 wins from 2 and success in the playoffs to make it.

He could, but it would be outrageous. If the team had held it together in the past month or so, Monk would have been in the running for Manager of the Season. He still could be, though could take 2 wins from 2 and success in the playoffs to make it.

We're done for, for this season. Even if Fulham only get 3 points and we get 6, they've a better goal difference.

I can see us losing Jansson, Bartley, Taylor and i can see bids coming in for Viera and Wood.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We have been poor for last while in fairness. We've lacked any creativity and struggled to score goals. I'm not sure what happened although we've been far too reliant on Wood all season.

The playoffs are gone now so it's back to the drawing board. So disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Thinking about the collapse is so goddamn depressing. No way we'll manage this again next year. Cellino still around so gonna be some crazy move on the way whether it's Monk out or Jansson doesn't sign or we just sell anyone worth a few bob. We had our long shot and although it's not gone completely, we won't get a chance like this again soon I think. Back to normal. 😣😣😣

Jansson has signed, it's just that the deal between the clubs isn't formalised until July 1st. Most of the speculation about him now is which Premier League club are going to sign him and how much we might get for him. Allegedly Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Southampton are all interested in him.

Zaph wrote: »
    Jansson has signed, it's just that the deal between the clubs isn't formalised until July 1st. Most of the speculation about him now is which Premier League club are going to sign him and how much we might get for him. Allegedly Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and Southampton are all interested in him.

I was told Southampton were going to be in for 11m. If that's invested right*, it could go a long way to next season cos I do trust Monk.

* and that's a pretty whopper if with Cellini there, he won't be happy returning money to fans!

Cellino still around so gonna be some crazy move on the way

Radrizzani will hopefully be the calming influence

Mushy wrote: »
    I was told Southampton were going to be in for 11m. If that's invested right*, it could go a long way to next season cos I do trust Monk.

* and that's a pretty whopper if with Cellini there, he won't be happy returning money to fans!

The problem is that even in the unlikely event that Monk got the whole 11m, we're going to need two centre backs because Bartley will be back at Swansea, and given the season he's had there's no chance they'll loan him out again. To get two players of similar quality is going to cost a lot more than that, and there are other areas of the team that'll need strengthening as well.

I saw one article that had an interesting suggestion, that if the teams I mentioned above are all interested we should only deal with Chelsea on the basis that we get Tammy Abraham on loan as part of the deal. It would be good to have another proven goalscorer up front with Wood.

The problem is that even in the unlikely event that Monk got the whole 11m, we're going to need two centre backs because Bartley will be back at Swansea, and given the season he's had there's no chance they'll loan him out again. To get two players of similar quality is going to cost a lot more than that, and there are other areas of the team that'll need strengthening as well.

I saw one article that had an interesting suggestion, that if the teams I mentioned above are all interested we should only deal with Chelsea on the basis that we get Tammy Abraham on loan as part of the deal. It would be good to have another proven goalscorer up front with Wood.

Especially to a team in the same division:pac:

But yeah, fully agree with all of that!

• Advertisement

I'll eat my hat if wood is still a Leeds player in august , he's scored a bucket load of goals this season so will be in demand , he's 25 on 17k a week , min premier league wage is at least double that, money talks and Leeds could at least treble their initial 3m investment , would love to be wrong but I just can't see it happening

I'll eat my hat if wood is still a Leeds player in august , he's scored a bucket load of goals this season so will be in demand , he's 25 on 17k a week , min premier league wage is at least double that, money talks and Leeds could at least treble their initial 3m investment , would love to be wrong but I just can't see it happening

When you see what Championship clubs pay for Championship strikers, Abraham, McCormack (twice), Gayle, Ritchie, Leeds shouldn't consider dropping below that level if a premier side come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

1 less miracle to pray for. Huddersfield play off spot secured.

yes, we are dying a slow death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Newcastle and West Ham have been raided this morning for tax and insurance fraud regarding their transfer activities.

I wonder if a points deduction could come in for this?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement