Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 widening

Options
  • 11-11-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭

Why, oh Why,

If cars are not wanted in Dublin,

Why are they going to widen the M11?

Is there No-one with any common sense in charge of this country??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 81,810 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They need more road for the more cars people buy because there’s more road

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

This road definitely needs more lanes and more public transport.

Overall infrastructure in Dublin is a joke, where do our taxes go? Oh yes to debts from banks and insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why, oh Why,

If cars are not wanted in Dublin,

Why are they going to widen the M11?

Is there No-one with any common sense in charge of this country??

If we built up in Dublin instead of out the country we wouldn't need to widden the road or have people commuting 100km.

You do know its a bus lane they are proposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I learned this when playing Sim City as a 10 year old, you build more highways and cars will fill it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

A complete balls of this upgrade will be made.
    An extra lane at the very least is required, but the traffic already at a standstill each evening and morning will only get worse during the roadworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Del2005 wrote: »
    If we built up in Dublin instead of out the country we wouldn't need to widden the road or have people commuting 100km.

You do know its a bus lane they are proposing.

This suggests the bus lane would be a 4th lane!

Wicklow County Councillors have also asked design consultants Arup and the regional design office to consider how an express bus lane could be added, a move which would almost certainly require another traffic lane through the Glen o’the Downs.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/commuters-to-dublin-face-years-of-road-works-in-wicklow-1.4078580

Or am I reading it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

A complete balls of this upgrade will be made.
    An extra lane at the very least is required, but the traffic already at a standstill each evening and morning will only get worse during the roadworks.

Or we could try Luas or Dart improvements or running a train every half hour up the Wexford line or cycle lanes or a dedicated bus lanes or tolling the road but instead we are doing this

https://twitter.com/BrentToderian/status/1192568535009988608

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

You could downgrade the N11 from Kilmacanogue to M50.

Bus lane + 2 general lanes, 60kph speed limit. Like on the Chapelizod Bypass. No widening required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,842 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Captcha wrote: »
    This road definitely needs more lanes and more public transport.

Overall infrastructure in Dublin is a joke, where do our taxes go? Oh yes to debts from banks and insurance companies.

an obscene worldclass welfare system!

they need to start hard shoulder running etc, I have no problem with a third lane potentially, but it needs to be for public transport at peak hours monday to friday. Way more needs to be spend on public transport, politically the dubs are complaining about LPT being used in other areas. I'd agree, they already get huge transfers. Hike dublin LPT, but its to be kept for the third world dublin transport system!

Imagine there arent even plans to start Dart underground! Fcuking comedy! as for the dunville avenue fools, it appears the real problems are a large sewer and closing the luas line for a considerable enough period...

Dublin metro needs to extend far down south, with large park and rides too hoover up traffic from N11... Link it to bray too ideally .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,857 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Building won't start till 2027 and will take up to 5 years

They have modelled till 2042 so will only have a road that lasts 10 years before needing to retool at it again.

Insanity.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement