Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,908 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So they have repackaged Pete Dunne as 'butch'

Ffs there are no words for how **** stupid Vince and the writers think we are. Pat Mcafee saying how dangerous this 'butch guy looks' you were in a stable with him in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 85,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Between Butch, and Big E being dropped on his head by Ridge, that was a bad 20 min for SmackDown!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Every time I half think about watching WWE weekly programming they do something like that that reminds me why it's not worth it. Butch ffs. He'll be Pete Dunne again in ROH or AEW within 18 months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Big E has a broken freaking neck now.

Feel for him. He’s gonna miss a lot of time now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nasty, nasty bump on the concrete from a suplex by Holland alright. He posted a video saying he still has feeling in his fingers and toes but looking at a good while on the shelf surely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know, Dunne and Sheamus are actually a very good match. In terms of style and characters, the two will compliment each other massively.

but….Butch? Not even Butch Something, just Butch? Can you imagine “and neeeeeew WWE Universal Champion….BUTCH!”. It’s a horrific name. It actively damages the character. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was gonna say the same thing, on paper Pete Dunne joining that stable works really well but they couldn't get out of their own way and now he's Butch. The countdown till someone says; "More like Bitch" has begun.

Horrible landing for Big E, glad to hear he's doing relatively okay but he'll be gone for a long time. What a loss.

Elsewhere, the Charlotte/Ronda feud continues to be dead in the water. The backstage brawl looked very clumsy and awkward imo. Surprisingly the Knoxville/Sami feud continues to be one of the better and more consistent feuds for Mania. Pat gave a great beatdown too, segment was pretty good. Reckon that could be a sneaky contender for stealing the show. Boogz if done right could do well as a singles star in WWE I reckon. It was an okay show that was overshadowed by some awful stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor E. Sounds weird but he's lucky considering it's a broken neck and everything is still moving.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think I said similar re: McAfee/Theory on the WM thread, I think it's going to tear the house down. I wonder will they keep the 'Butch' thing because Sheamus did say when introducing him that 'he's known as another name but his nickname is...' - probably wishful thinking on my part mind you lol

Charlotte/Ronda is the drizzling ****. And it's because Charlotte gives the same god awful, half assed promo every single week. Ronda in fairness is getting a reaction but it's got everything to do with how bad Charlotte is on the mic. I don't care how good she is in the ring, she needs a manager or something because she absolutely bores everyone to tears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maybe it's because I follow Sami on Instagram but I'm really enjoying his feud with Knoxville, I'm not sure how it comes across on tv since I havent bothered to watch Smackdown for a while but on social media it's very back and forth, good wrestling humour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Definitely. McAfee was great in his short NXT run, has a lot of potential. As far as the name goes, I'm getting flashback to Doudrop when we hoped that she would take her name back when she dropped Eva but here we are. Hopefully Butch doesn't stick.

It's weird too, I was thinking that with NXT 2.0 there would at least be a bit more consistency between people called up to Main Roster since Vince is overlooking it more but I guess not.

Wishing Big E the best in his recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Butch? Really?

Yep wtf is the point

They should of kept it as Pete Dunne. Storyline bollocks is that all 3 men are great friends and they know Pete as 'Butch'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No one is keeping their name when they get to the main brand anymore, not a hope is Vince letting them walk to AEW and keep their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I saw someone saying a few months ago was a sliding doors moment Pete Dunne Signed a new deal Adam Cole didn't

Adam Cole Headlines a PPV for the World Title

Pete Dunne is now Butch .....

could very easily been the other way around

Just saw Big E incident. He's one very lucky man.

Big E is so likeable, no one ever have a bad word to say of him, I wish the best in his recovery, The New Day are so over and a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I follow Big E on Twitter so the first I saw of this was his videos.

He is fair lucky because that is one horrible landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Didnt holland nearly break garganos neck last year as well why is he not getting destroyed by those that attack nia jax for her botches

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No idea man just they both had a contract running down one signed one didn't that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just seen the Big E belly to belly move. Nasty looking.

I think there needs to be more of a standard when calling a belly to belly as many have gotten messed up over the years. The idea is supposed to be if you hook one arm you are taking a "side" - if you hook the waist it's an overhead. Problem is, people make mistakes. Looks like Big E was taking a 'side' bump. Not to say it's big e's fault but there's always that uncertain with the belly to belly. Element of miscommunication can happen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

so Knoxville gave out Sami's number on Instagram a few days ago and Sammy has been answering some of the calls

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Cowboy Brock is money

The women's tag title WM match should be a ladder one

Very good tag match between Naomi/Sasha and Liv/Rhea. Going to be spoiled at Mania by the other two teams though as they're not even close to those 4 in the ring (though Naomi is a bit over-rated imo). I get they need to have a slot for the rest of the women but the fact is they ignore the tag belts all year until Mania when they need them it makes it impossible to care about them at all tbh.

Charlotte and Ronda is the most boring feud for WM, they look so disinterested and weak spots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to laugh at Cole and McAfee clarifying themselves during the Kofi/Holland match. With Cole pointing out how Butch and Sheamus grew up in the bars of Ireland, followed by Pat saying Ridge and Butch are from Great Britain but Cole then saying Sheamus is from Ireland.

Advertisement