Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher salt?

Options
  • 07-04-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that when I add salt to my dishwasher, the dishes don't dry properly at the end of the cycle but if I don't add salt, the dishes dry very well and don't have any marks on them.

I'm using 'Finish' tablets so should I need to add salt anyway or is adding the salt and using the tablets too much?

/hope that makes sense...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if you are using finish tablets then you dont need to add salt. if you are adding salt on top of this it will cause gritty substances to end up on dishes and milky streaking.

where you add the rinse aid there is a sight glass that you can adjust which is more than likely your problem for poor drying results. it's that or your making the classic mistake of leaving the dishwasher door slightly ajar which actually means the dishwasher wont dry the dishes at all due to condensation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

miju wrote: »
    if you are using finish tablets then you dont need to add salt. if you are adding salt on top of this it will cause gritty substances to end up on dishes and milky streaking.

That's the problem right there, I haven't added any salt in a while and everything is turning out fine, just wondered it I needed to add it... :)
    [/QUOTE]
    where you add the rinse aid there is a sight glass that you can adjust which is more than likely your problem for poor drying results. [/QUOTE]
    Rinse Aid? I don't have any of that, I'm just using the tablets now...the ones with the '10 points of action' or whatever, they have rinse aid built-in, I think. Anyway, the drying is all good now thankfully. Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the 3-1 tabs have rinse aid built in so you dont really need to add it BUT it's better to use rinse aid seperatly than with the rinse aid included in the tabs.

glad to help :)

Advertisement