Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood Patissier V's Kitchenaid Artisan

Options
  • 03-04-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anybody have an opinion which is the better machine? I am a casual home cook who has just started to bake, idea of a red food mixer.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi there,

I would go for the Kenwood, simply because the after care service is so good. I think the Kitchenaid is probably a better machine, which will reflect in the price, but I'm not familiar with their after care service.

While alot of Kenwoods stock doesn't have the quality it used to have, this mixer is very good, and ideal for home use.

Their both beauties though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 drwhack

Thanks for the info so sueme, do you think I would need after care? Is there a high chance of breakdown? Dr Whack:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

drwhack wrote: »
    Thanks for the info so sueme, do you think I would need after care? Is there a high chance of breakdown? Dr Whack:)

No, I would imagine they would both be good models, but I have worked in this area and have seen some brands that are more hassle than they are worth.

With Kenwood, the spare parts, or replacement attachments can be got easily years later.

I don't know about Kitchenaids service, so I can't comment on that, but they are a respected brand name, so I imagine its good. A search should help you out there.

Personally, I think we accept poor quality goods too easily these days. Something breaks and we chuck it out. If possible we should research the brand and aftercare, and spend the few extra bob on them, rather than the "disposable" appliances available now.

Advertisement