Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NowTV Black Friday Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

This is a good deal & perhaps the existing customer bit is new, but just to flag that they have been running the 2 for 1 offer for a bit already & it has just been now advertised as a Black Friday offer.
    According to the terms, the offers run until 2 Jan, so you don't have to start passes now & can hold off if you would get more use out of them starting later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Thanks for this, I have both anyway so you just saved me 35 euro. Just to confirm for current subscribers it adds the two months onto your next monthly renewal date so you don’t lose any days but charges you now. So I just paid 25 euro and have no more charges to February now for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Any sport offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Tried to figure out if NowTV would work with Chromecast and I failed, could anyone give me a simple yes or no answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Boooourns wrote: »
    Any sport offers?

on their site they have
    Sky Sports Month Pass for just €19.50 a month for 2 months (usually €39 a month). Stream the best action from the Premier League, International Football and F1 across two months on NOW TV.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-sky-sports-online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Tried to figure out if NowTV would work with Chromecast and I failed, could anyone give me a simple yes or no answer.

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Does UK version work with a DNS proxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

funnyname wrote: »
    Does UK version work with a DNS proxy?
    Yup. I use getflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Definitely works on UK accounts but im not sure about Irish accounts. The last I heard no but that might have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

Just in case sky sports is your interest, the chromecast streaming quality can dip in and out a bit (solid for non sport afaik).
    Also, while chromecast always adds a bit of a delay, with now tv sky sports there is a longer lag so it can be about 2 mins behind sky sports tv channel, whereas other NowTV methods would only be 30-60 seconds out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

bromley52 wrote: »
    Definitely works on UK accounts but im not sure about Irish accounts. The last I heard no but that might have changed.

I've used it streaming from phone to Chromecast with no issues, that was in the past 2/3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I've used it streaming from phone to Chromecast with no issues, that was in the past 2/3 months.

A light delay on live sports (min or so), just don't look at Twitter feeds!!

Advertisement