Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JBL 10 Speaker/Google Home on steroids. £74

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

My JBL 10 landed today. Packaging top rate. You know when your opening this there is something special inside. Premium quality.
    The speaker is a good sized sturdy one. Once I turned it on. ( Had battery charged on shipment) the Google home app picked it up straight away. I was connected to my WiFi and playing music within about 3 mins. I already have Google home so I didn't have to configure Spotify again. I can honestly say this is my first time to enjoy music from a. Google smart speaker. Good solid sound. Decent base. I own a first generation echo, second gen echo and Google home. Stopped playing Spotify through the home about four weeks ago. Never happy with it's sound. Good for speech, but not music. The Amazon echo both 1st and 2 ND gen are far superior.
    But now I'm glad to say that the JBL is right up there with them. surpassing them with better base.The portability it's definitely a winner hands down. To those that took the plunge on buying this speaker, enjoy. I certainly will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭jones

Qwerty? wrote:
    Mine was delivered to addresspal yesterday, so hopefully in my local PO tomorrow.

Mine was delivered to addresspal Wednesday but haven't recieved anything from addresspal yet. Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Very happy with the sound quality from this, really nice bit of kit. It doesn't support a sleep timer though so it'll be going to the kitchen and the ghome will be going into the bedroom. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

jones wrote: »
    Mine was delivered to addresspal Wednesday but haven't recieved anything from addresspal yet. Should I be worried?

I've received nothing yet either. You'll get a text the morning it lands in the po. I'm expecting it Monday morning😛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

SteM wrote: »
    Very happy with the sound quality from this, really nice bit of kit. It doesn't support a sleep timer though so it'll be going to the kitchen and the ghome will be going into the bedroom. Pity.

Do you mean that you cannot say
    'play music for 30 minutes' and it then turns off like the Google Home does?

• Advertisement

Do you mean that you cannot say
    'play music for 30 minutes' and it then turns off like the Google Home does?

Yes, that functionality is not avaliable on it in afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

SteM wrote: »
    Yes, that functionality is not avaliable on it in afraid.

Can't get my head around this. I assumed (wrongly apparently) that the speakers were hardware, and it was the Google home assistant software that was driving it.

Strange decision.

It seems to be a Google endorsed product that doesn't perform many of the Google functions.

Wouldn't be the first time they've allowed fragmentation within their ecosystem to be fair. :P

Can't get my head around this. I assumed (wrongly apparently) that the speakers were hardware, and it was the Google home assistant software that was driving it.

Maybe it's a case that it will be updated but is just a bit slower? Seems odd though as Google home app is used to update software on both its not like its a jbl app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Most likely up to JBL to implement the updates, same way the phone companies release android.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Just set this up... Very nice piece of kit great bargain original poster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Sappy404 wrote: »

So, should i go for this or a google home?

if it doesnt have all the functionality of Google home is the Home a better bet long term?

Also is this purely for music or can you ask general questions, home automation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

cuculainn wrote: »
    So, should i go for this or a google home?

if it doesnt have all the functionality of Google home is the Home a better bet long term?

Also is this purely for music or can you ask general questions, home automation etc

Personally, I love the battery powered concept of this, unplug it and bring it out onto the garden, another room etc and have up to 5 hours battery life. Also the sound quality is very good. I'll survive without the other features as these two features were more important to me.

Does anyone know how to change the ok google command, my watch, phone and speaker sometimes pick it up... would love to be able to use different command for the speaker, but can't find a way online

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Personally, I love the battery powered concept of this, unplug it and bring it out onto the garden, another room etc and have up to 5 hours battery life. Also the sound quality is very good. I'll survive without the other features as these two features were more important to me.

I'm curious, what are the missing features.
    Qwerty? wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to change the ok google command, my watch, phone and speaker sometimes pick it up... would love to be able to use different command for the speaker, but can't find a way online

You can use "Hey Google" instead, but that is all. They don't support changing the command word.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

Anyone else have crackling/static type issues with this if it's left on for a while (plugged in) ?

adm wrote: »
    Anyone else have crackling/static type issues with this if it's left on for a while (plugged in) ?

Yeah, I did twice. Restarting it fixed the issue but it was a bit annoying. The only times it happened with mine was when it was streaming from spotify but my phone connected to it automatically via Bluetooth at the same time. Since I unpaired my phone from the speaker it hasn't happened but that might be coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

It's available for £75 again in their BF sale. Linky.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

Its also £69 Pounds in Currys UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arigold365

Richer Sounds in NI have the Onkyo speaker down from £150 to £50 with free delivery

Google Version

Onkyo VC-GX30

Alexa Version

Onkyo VC-PX30

That's stocking filler price for a well known audio brand and Richer Sounds are great to deal with

* No battery on this however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Link 2 is £89 on Currys. Twice the battery life @10hrs and more powerful and better sounding speakers.

Not discounted on Irish site. Currys UK don't deliver to PM/PW and more do they?

arigold365 wrote: »
    Richer Sounds in NI have the Onkyo speaker down from £150 to £50 with free delivery

Google Version

Onkyo VC-GX30

Alexa Version

Onkyo VC-PX30

That's stocking filler price for a well known audio brand and Richer Sounds are great to deal with

* No battery on this however

And no waterproofing, the JBL is ideal for the bathroom imo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ryath wrote: »
    Link 2 is £89 on Currys. Twice the battery life @10hrs and more powerful and better sounding speakers.

Not discounted on Irish site. Currys UK don't deliver to PM/PW and more do they?

They did for me last week to PW, but no guarantees.

Advertisement