Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal Meat in Dublin and Prices

Options
  • 20-09-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi ,

I am moving to Dublin from UK for my work and want to check if Halal food and meat is easily available in Dublin and what are halal meat prices like ?

also which areas in Dublin are more accessible in order to get halal meat and grocery ?

Kind Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

There are a few of these shops around the South Circular Road/ Harolds Cross bridge area. Ironically it used to be the sort of area where you could get kosher food and Jewish bakeries, but those lads are gone now. Sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uma103

thanks for your advise. Is that the only area where halal meat shops are located in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

uma103 wrote: »
    thanks for your advise. Is that the only area where halal meat shops are located in Dublin ?
    No, there are halal shops in other parts of Dublin. I know there are (or at least were anyway) a few around west Dublin; areas like Tallaght, Clondalkin, Blanchardstown and Lucan - google halal and the area name and it will throw up some names. I'm from this part of Dublin so I can't really say much about other areas, apart from the city centre as was mentioned previously. I do know there is a supermarket in the mosque in Clonskeagh though. Do you have an area in mind to live in yet? It might help with getting specific information.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks for your advice. Initially I will be staying in a hotel near Tallaght, I could book in city center near my work but city center hotels seems old or overpriced. I can t find any halal takeaway or grocery shop near Tallaght on google search but seems like there is a mosque there so I am assuming there will also be few halal takeaways or shops in Tallaght . In terms of finding a permanent accommodation I will be looking outskirts of Dublin and areas like Tallaght or Blanchardstown etc. but that all depends where I can find a good school for my daughter.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks for your advice. Initially I will be staying in a hotel near Tallaght, I could book in city center near my work but city center hotels seems old or overpriced. I can t find any halal takeaway or grocery shop near Tallaght on google search but seems like there is a mosque there so I am assuming there will also be few halal takeaways or shops in Tallaght . In terms of finding a permanent accommodation I will be looking outskirts of Dublin and areas like Tallaght or Blanchardstown etc. but that all depends where I can find a good school for my daughter.[/font]
    I'm almost certain there is at least one halal shop in Tallaght but I can't find anything on google either, it may have closed. The Muslim Association of Ireland have a mosque in Tallaght, might be worth contacting them. There's a mosque in Blanchardstown too, Al-Mustafa Islamic Centre and there was a halal shop beside it when I was there in July.

I don't really get takeaways so I can't give you much help there. When I do I usually get something from this place http://www.khansbaltihouse.ie/ - it's close enough to Tallaght so they might deliver, assuming you won't be driving that is, it's halal according to the menu I have in front of me.

• Advertisement

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you again for your advice. This is actually a lot better than I thought seems like halal shops are available and it won t be the case of driving 50 miles to get halal meat.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]How about the general halal meat prices? Is it similar to local produce or slightly expensive because it is for a minority community?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thank you again for your advice. This is actually a lot better than I thought seems like halal shops are available and it won t be the case of driving 50 miles to get halal meat.[/font]
    No problem and no, you won't have a huge journey to get halal meat in Dublin.
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]How about the general halal meat prices? Is it similar to local produce or slightly expensive because it is for a minority community?[/font]
    I'm not sure about prices, I'm not a Muslim and it has been a while since I was in a halal shop so maybe someone else can help you there.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Really appreciate your help and advice. Thank you again [/font]J

Advertisement