Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Shanghai Masters, 9th-15th September - Eurosport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Think he's just accepted its not going to happen at sheffield anymore and he can concentrate on being a beast rest of season, loves those bo7s, just get in and out quick as he can. If he needed just 1 to equal hendrys record, i think he might go all out for that, but fact it's two just maybe feels a mountain too high to climb.

Murphy off the boil this frame, a gift for o'sullivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It's all up to Murphy now!

Murph making this interesting to be fair to him. Decider would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Great win by Ronnie. He seems to love this event (probably due to very good Shanghai sponsors), and really wants to win it, to start his season. When was the last time someone won the same major event three years in a row? Impressive stuff.

On Ronnie's form and any decline, it seems the past few seasons when Ronnie wins an event, or multiple events like last season, he's perfect, "as good as ever". But, the moment he has a bad performance or loses in the early rounds (like he tends to do at the Crucible recently), he's "not the same anymore", "not intimidating anymore", etc. I've always loved watching Ronnie play, great performances, bad performances, to...bizarre performances. I'll also be fascinated to watch any downfall of his career, quick or slow, and when that does happen, how quickly (or not) he decides to give it all up.

I really don't think he'll stick around in bad form, looking for an "Invitational Tour Card" in his late 50s, like the current Seniors champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yea his recent results are
    -lost final to Trump in NI
    -won the UK
    -lost final to Trump in the Masters
    -lost early to Fu
    -won the Players Champ
    -won the tour Champ
    -that mess of a match in Sheffield
    -won in Shanghai

Would be tough to find as good a run as that in his history I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

15 finals and 11 wins in 2 years. Playing part time.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yea his recent results are
    -lost final to Trump in NI
    -won the UK
    -lost final to Trump in the Masters
    -lost early to Fu
    -won the Players Champ
    -won the tour Champ
    -that mess of a match in Sheffield
    -won in Shanghai

Would be tough to find as good a run as that in his history I'd have thought.

I'd say you'd just have to check back on Hendry. Maybe the season he won 9 titles, including 5 out of the 8 ranking tournaments (four in a row) in 1990/91 in which, perhaps remarkably, he "only" got to the world qf. You could probably look at Davis too, there was one season around early 80s when he reached 8 finals and won them all. But we're talking indisputably about the 3 greatest players of all time, remarkable careers all three of them.

Advertisement