Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Weepsie wrote: »
    How was the descent?

Well, it was a lot easier the the ascent. Having said that, the descent also has it's challenges (picture simulation:D):

488015.jpg

On the parts slightly less steep than depicted above, hanging out over the back wheel is a good idea to balance the bike and it also allows the brakes to work better. Rim brakes are normally fine but they certainly work for their living on the way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

In Mallorca with the family but the hotel just happens to have a bike shop attached, so hired a Bianchi and headed for the hills,

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭seaviewphotos

thelawman wrote: »
    In Mallorca with the family but the hotel just happens to have a bike shop attached, so hired a Bianchi and headed for the hills,

Could you give us the name of your hotel, I can see the roots of a cunning plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Could you give us the name of your hotel, I can see the roots of a cunning plan.

I suspect it's this place, have stayed in the main hotel once with family and the apartments with mates on a cycling weekend. Would highly recommend both!
    Hotel bike shop is Bimont bike hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Out in west Wicklow...b-T2wDlCG0-GwC5J94ESKgbcolo2UHjfdvmem1N1EeHS5ol98RDsj_wTdYAKhEJrn1DBfjSGS14Gkq4JjoOaPAwynIWcQSllC22qggD_5nukQVQPU96N3o3if0MNN2U_-JezE0iTXqmnEEX9I3wH7U1NfdpCe4XOASctjhvAJGnA3dHvCEN5E1CxbGDNTXUPC-HWC1_LwQIubLpDmygyABTO5DCEyui1HZuGz3vy9WMdW7DuCq2fBO4wqdY0Fd2vP2bWWDEvePikurFASBQxro5olPtSgj5CB-keFaJX50eu_YptkMEXnKofEzh7K4fiZvhMjtDRpFyjqObV09bFUcTJRWRrfOswecLMscBzzLqRb7aWsCyK_oM4f3EbslGG9muKlA7OtQSifmxuF8a_Yizx4Ozc4M5TURrSCn2WsH9R50u46cn623VeW4tN_7e828-BuUAxsOjeVtQj7F7vSJZCfmkqs__KEZMqca7NN1VFleb7rSZr0pJKtv0y16Be8cmVPYXGCIbGd6um3VQRseR1Tx_9l9m0RSO1MvqfzpPRQXbJbCb_RztC6Aum3aVz3A1INgLKBWLtBowFGDyipNiUsep6C5UoF626JfsIyAJnLng_A82a1HZeXryE3a4-Pch3a2Do-8TWVL8Hah0Txeq7_j2DzuFtqZSHQoKfu4IQnYyNJlr0Qvk=w2092-h2788-no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Looks like they got that triathlon arseways :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

A couple of French bridges, taken while exploring some mixed surfaces in the pan flat Aquitaine region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

In Madrid at the moment and headed out to see the route for Thursdays stage in the mountains north of Madrid.
    WP-20190908-14-19-28-Pro.jpg
    WP-20190908-14-19-31-Pro.jpg

The small town in the foreground is colmenar viejo and is linked to Madrid with a near 30km off road cycle lane that runs parallel to the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

On the Col du Galibier (Mon 09/09/2019).

CiBgzqCh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

4LHRDRpyXh1lnAept8bF6F6rOsAxifVtjXlm5rkyHHgcqrvo0V66Jx15oaYDRRgoI2Go7pIhhtkP-aST9eSDYL6DssHhCVXdIcaZ9mDj8oGzPiNzkEmBUFEzX2SjFlUTV0XIUG6rOdkAFpMyC6sH5Udbn_Gc35LbJT2_obpppQMBgQhMOZDa1hZ21JmPQkq0f5zYK9eXAQIRgEiOxwGnNvrqeGl-5d953IsS0frSxq1seMSskyZ5ZkbVKNZXBlH3m6nVpWKyQJa3xSB07KhlQYewF_iSBbrQF_bRHO_H4qEO2LfrZbg4d5SRdheZtBXpFFxpS25MEg39wOg7GZLbCIgq5D3tX_8_nSOWKPtI03Y79Yf2UpZwKIpbY3QQWHXlUs27_bWgg2h0MZAR-rzgnaHfW2-kbqLgkGrwxc_eUD89EASe73zcfFvz1Poown1hrgS9xP74kIvEF621BYTuxfxvKFg7_Qci3RYo_eodJWxVm1xzQIqKMFZv9qhU3LY6XzjWTlXGZUD-WjZH8XhtHy9HHlRsIh7TCXVOT_f7XHSHbpuErY8jKOv4GlNXVIy75tRkDq9W_xj3p0EEmQprPAjc-ibs6VLO75j0Hys8zFvjVHLzgWAYCSv6TklVDlllDNdem3usnvIs41ec6Io1ua6t65FcvluME6NHx8eGH-3cyGi_xQF0dQ4=w1074-h1432-no

West Cork - encountered on what I expected to be a pleasant coastal saunter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

On the Col du Galibier (Mon 09/09/2019).
    that's quite a big gear you're using up that hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

There aren't many that climb in the drops fingers on brakes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    There aren't many that climb in the drops fingers on brakes :D
    LOL :D - photographer took it at an odd angle alright. Obviously on the descent - jacket and gloves (bitterly cold), big ring and feathering the brakes approaching a bend.

(I have no recollection of the pic being taken - just found it by accident when looking for the climbing ones. When climbing, after taking a few pics, the photographers run after the cyclists placing a card in rear pocket for option to buy later but they seem to be actual prints as opposed to email files).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

A couple of pics taken from our trip to Asturias to watch the Vuelta. Apologies for some of the pic quality, sweaty lenses and various "photographers" were used during the trip :D

3rd time up here for me.
    qH1zg2q.jpg

In the Los Beyos Gorge
    U54l8Dq.jpg
    Izcv45g.jpg

Some of the local wildlife EqrxE2Y.jpg
    JtqFayz.jpg

Top of Alto Del Torno, most underrated climb in the whole area. hPLoUVP.jpg

Sammy B and the boys coming through Ribadasella before he won the stage
    1ZhwPDP.jpg

Me taking the intermediate sprint on the way up La Cubilla
    K9U9VPZ.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not all those pics are loading - but i will say we stayed in ribadesella a few years back and it's one of those 'we have to go back at some point' sort of places.

Fixed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Brilliant photos and riding Daroxtar. Amazing recovery after your crash earlier in the year.

Cheers MP. Probably could have done with another month training and a whole heap less cake but didn't go too badly :D

Some French off road, a sunrise, continuous cover oak wood and shallow grave territory it seems

• Advertisement

Moon on way down as sun starts to get ready to rise

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

I did the 100km Western Lakes MTB Audax route today. Nice day for it

jZvYe4D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

delynet wrote: »

Have you a GPX file for it I wouldn't mind giving it a go one day I'm over there with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Have you a GPX file for it I wouldn't mind giving it a go one day I'm over there with work.

I got it from here. The 200km is supposed to be super epic

https://www.audaxireland.org/events-calendar/gazetteer/200km-events/mayo-western-lakes-200100-mtb/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

delynet wrote: »

Did it on the day myself, fantastic route and one I'd plan to go back to though found some of it way beyond my ability on a CX bike!

Massey's is looking fantastic right now, though the heavy mud under the leaves makes climbing a bit of work!

494212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

zxIhc8pl.jpg

Earl's Drive, Djouce

• Registered Users Posts: 17,877 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any chance of a Google Maps link to the start of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31402777

From the bottom you have to do the first river crossing - the one you can ride, not the trench across to the Waterfall - and the short hikeabike. At the top of the hike turn immediately left and you're more or less on it straight away. Much easier to find from the top and ride down.

the great dublin windsock.

494628.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

MCT1QY1.jpg

Taken a while back from the Wooden Bridge - a bit less colourful but the windsock effect is pretty obvious.

Advertisement