Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Hook - No Drilling

Options
  • 20-09-2019 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

I’m looking for something to hold my bike in my hall but I can’t drill holes. Any ideas/solutions? Looking to save on some floor space and not destroy the wall by leaning my bike against it daily.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Glue? However, if you can't drill holes for fear of leaving damage behind when you leave what I assume is a rented property, then glue will proably also leave damage if you go to take the mount down off the wall.

How does your bike leave marks on the wall when it is resting against it? What part other than the handlebars are in contact with the wall? Have you considered a big piece of cardboard in between the bike and wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Check out something like this from https://www.usjcycles.com/top-10-bicycle-display-rack-stand-solutions/

bike-hand-bike-display-stand-1.gif

Alternatively, wait until Doozerie of this forum posts his ikea pole solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Billy Connolly had a novel idea, but your partner may not be too keen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Glue? However, if you can't drill holes for fear of leaving damage behind when you leave what I assume is a rented property, then glue will proably also leave damage if you go to take the mount down off the wall.

How does your bike leave marks on the wall when it is resting against it? What part other than the handlebars are in contact with the wall? Have you considered a big piece of cardboard in between the bike and wall?

Red handle bar tape, recently moved and my old wall had red marks and some black which were difficult to get off and by difficult I mean impossible!

Cardboard actually might do the job, just a thin sheet stuck to the wall. Was hoping for some elaborate hook that I could just sick on the wall and get some extra floor space but doubt the ceiling is high enough for that anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions all. If anyone else has ideas please shout, clearly problem solving is not my forte

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You could try a clug
    DS7002-01_x512.jpg?v=1559855528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bikedude

https://www.topeak.com/global/de/products/storage-stands/250-dual-touch--bike-stand

Can hold two bikes, or 4 if a bit far away from the wall (2 on each side) very good for road bars, bit less efficient for flat handlebars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

bikedude wrote: »
    https://www.topeak.com/global/de/products/storage-stands/250-dual-touch--bike-stand

Can hold two bikes, or 4 if a bit far away from the wall (2 on each side) very good for road bars, bit less efficient for flat handlebars

Can vouch for this - bought ages ago as a bike hanging solution while renting in the student years and its done a great job then and everywhere I've lived in the years since.

Came with hooks for two bikes but option is there to make it take four. And yeah, put close to a wall better with drop bars than MTB flats but think that's just down to the extra width of the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

bikedude wrote: »

That looks ideal, thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

If you are interested, I have a similar one but the top leans against the wall rather than up to the ceiling.
    I'm not using it as l put in ceiling hooks.

If you are around Dublin you can have it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

• Advertisement
Advertisement