Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year A licence for motorbike is up

Options
  • 20-09-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hey guys
    my 10 year full driving licence A for a motorbike is up next month , do i have to take the test again or do i just apply for a new 10 year licence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Somara198 wrote: »
    hey guys
    my 10 year full driving licence A for a motorbike is up next month , do i have to take the test again or do i just apply for a new 10 year licence?

Is it the renewal date or 10 years since it expired? If it’s just a renewal then you don’t take a test, just renew.

If it’s expired almost 10 years get in to renew before it expires or you’ll be starting like a raw beginner again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Somara198

hi mate
    its expires on 2/12/19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

hi mate
    its expires on 2/12/19

Just renew it. Simple enough process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

bluefinger wrote: »
    Just renew it. Simple enough process.
    Think you do ir through www.ndls.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hi mate
    its expires on 2/12/19

I've worked for an American company too long. I was going to say its already expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Don't delay booking an appointment with the ndls.ie cause when I received my reminder for my 10 year licence, the nearest date available was literally days before the old one expired (living in Nth Dubland and the Drogheda office was nearest for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nodster wrote: »
    Don't delay booking an appointment with the ndls.ie cause when I received my reminder for my 10 year licence, the nearest date available was literally days before the old one expired (living in Nth Dubland and the Drogheda office was nearest for me)

You can get walk in appointments. Get there early and you will be done in a few hours. When I was renewing my licence about a third of the names called out weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Del2005 wrote: »
    You can get walk in appointments. Get there early and you will be done in a few hours. When I was renewing my licence about a third of the names called out weren't there.

Best way to do it. I've done walk ins at naas and waited 10 minutes at the most every time. Available bookings were days/ weeks away. Just avoid lunch time and Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,903 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Christ. Are people really this thick?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Man period again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Christ. Are people really this thick?

Apparently on the bike forum there are a few. ;)

Advertisement