Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eprices Injection for lungworm

Options
  • 21-09-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Did anyone ever use eprices injection for treating lungworm in dairy cows? Just wondering is it effective for coughing cows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭orm0nd

yes it's good

better than pour ons (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Yes, it's very good. It's about 1€ dearer than the pourons but much better
    We did all the cows 3 weeks ago, they had a bad infestation of lung worm, much improved now and coughing almost gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Meat withdrawal is 60 days

Mooooo wrote: »
    Meat withdrawal is 60 days

Yeah only down side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭visatorro

Did mine with pour on twice. Still a bit of coughing. I'll have to try that next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,082 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Yes, it's very good. It's about 1€ dearer than the pourons but much better
    We did all the cows 3 weeks ago, they had a bad infestation of lung worm, much improved now and coughing almost gone

Do cows with pour in every June ,works well and is handy to do versus injection .done in parlour whilst milking use eprinex tho ,eprizero rubbish .did u flush a few cows lungs to identify lungworms ??

Cow's coughing a bit here, done in July with eprinex. Took a few swabs and bloods to check for viral issues and lung washed two and a dung and milk sample. Still waiting in results, there seemed to be no worms in one of the washes, perhaps one seen in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kk.man

Any short redrawal periods medicans.?
    I have adult forward cattle coughing but will be killed in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Dunedin

kk.man wrote: »

Unless they’re very bad, I wouldn’t bother if you are killing them in a few weeks.

Albex is 60 hrs milk, 14 days meat. Eprinex is 16 days meat I think. Cost wise would depend are they bad?

• Advertisement

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Do cows with pour in every June ,works well and is handy to do versus injection .done in parlour whilst milking use eprinex tho ,eprizero rubbish .did u flush a few cows lungs to identify lungworms ??

Didnt flush them, but first calvers looked under pressure and nearly every cow in the row was coughing, we didnt worm ours at all this summer till 3 weeks ago , rain came there in august and I think that brought on the lung worm, was supposed to be an issue on lots if farms
    Herd looks very good now since being done, gained a it in milk yield too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kk.man

Mooooo wrote: »

Albex is 60 hrs milk, 14 days meat. Eprinex is 16 days meat I think. Cost wise would depend are they bad?
    A fair few of them coughing alright. I would probably get away not doing them but am debating if its worth it.
    There are on grass and 3kgs of meal per day atm. I'll be upping the meal shortly.

Advertisement