Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting Question

• 20-09-2019 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello.

I'm supposed to be starting a new job Monday. I was giving Garda vetting via email Today and filled it in at 4pm. I was told it takes one or two days. I checked my Garda Vetting set to see what stage my form was at. It said this:

Appllcation scheduled for completion.

Does that mean my form is done? or is there another stage? Any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I can't remember exactly how long the standard vetting is but it's longer than one or two days - probably about a week or slightly less. It will say something about a disclosure once it's completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Notmything

jface187 wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm supposed to be starting a new job Monday. I was giving Garda vetting via email Today and filled it in at 4pm. I was told it takes one or two days. I checked my Garda Vetting set to see what stage my form was at. It said this:

Does that mean my form is done? or is there another stage? Any help would be great thanks.

Can take a few days or a few weeks, a lot of factors like number of previous addresses, or if you have lived abroad can affect the length it will take.
    However, the online process is generally fairly efficient.
    Once completed you will receive an email stating that a disclosure has been made to the relevant party, or words to that effect.

Some companies will risk starting someone before their vetting is back, but not many.

Hello.

They will email you when it’s been completed and results sent to your employer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Thank guys.

The confusing thing is I was sent a roster a couple of minutes after I finished.
    Saying I start Monday. I been in contact but they all left work as it was Friday afternoon. No one there at the weekend. So I'm going in Monday and hope that I'm allowed to work.

Thank guys.

The confusing thing is I was sent a roster a couple of minutes after I finished.
    Saying I start Monday. I been in contact but they all left work as it was Friday afternoon. No one there at the weekend. So I'm going in Monday and hope that I'm allowed to work.

Does the roster require you to work with vulnerable individuals?
    Personally I would be very wary about putting myself in such a position. If there is ever an inspection and it is spotted that you were working before your vetting was complete then there could be consequences.

Turn up Monday and speak to someone before you start would be my advice.

• Advertisement

Yes I am working with people in high risk abuse group. Why I so unsure of starting work Monday and annoyed they waitied till the last minute to do this. I really don't think I be working Monday but I don't want not to show up.

Yes I am working with people in high risk abuse group. Why I so unsure of starting work Monday and annoyed they waitied till the last minute to do this. I really don't think I be working Monday but I don't want not to show up.

I'm in residential, noone starts until their vetted.

I would be questioning why they left it so late to commence vetting when they want you to start work on Monday.

You need to speak to someone, maybe they do this the whole time but it's not standard practice. I'm aware of one place that was torn a new one for just this.

I feel the same way. I was offered this job almost two months ago and handed in all my paperwork a short while after that. This whole week I been on training. Every day I e-mailed asking for my start date and they said that they were sorting out the roster and get in touch. It was only late I got the Garda Vetting e-mail and told I could not start untill it was clear. Why I so conufused I was sent roster with my name and shifts on it.

All the office people are gone for the weekend. I rang this morning and told the next in charge would be in touch but no word back yet. I think I wll go in Monday and explain and see what happens. Very annoying as I would like to start but also need the money.

I feel the same way. I was offered this job almost two months ago and handed in all my paperwork a short while after that. This whole week I been on training. Every day I e-mailed asking for my start date and they said that they were sorting out the roster and get in touch. It was only late I got the Garda Vetting e-mail and told I could not start untill it was clear. Why I so conufused I was sent roster with my name and shifts on it.

All the office people are gone for the weekend. I rang this morning and told the next in charge would be in touch but no word back yet. I think I wll go in Monday and explain and see what happens. Very annoying as I would like to start but also need the money.

Completely understand, and hopefully it's just an admin error on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

You are still entitled to turn up and to be paid by the new company.
    They don't have the right to place you in contact with their clients untill the vetting is done.
    So offer to lend a hand at anything else

• Advertisement
Advertisement