Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the actual issue with the Irish Rail seat reservations system

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

L1011 wrote: »
    There are neither sufficient additional multiple units nor additional carriages for the limited loco hauled stock.

There's an operational spare 3 car 22000 I think but that might even be in use now.

I guess that's proof that our railways are inadequate. It annoys me that public transport is seen as a bit of a non issue in this country I watch the BBC news from time to time and there's regularly stories about issues with trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What happened to all the MkIII's - the ones that Belmond didn't buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What happened to all the MkIII's - the ones that Belmond didn't buy?

I'm fairly sure you know the answer to that already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

they fed them into the big clapper and into the fiery furnace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

A further example of the joke the system is. The 5.40am Sligo - Dublin allows you to select seats in 7 different carriages despite the fact that during the summer months they cut the service to 4 carraiges....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently back to 7 from Monday but you'd have a hard time claiming your seat reservation on the rammed service the 4 car gives!

Advertisement