Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to post a pic, using the touch site from a phone?

Options
  • 29-01-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

It was simple with the laptop but i'm not hot with the phone. Can someone explain simply?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Defunkd,

If you have the URL, you should be able to put the link between [IMG ][/IMG ] tags with the space omitted.

I really wish boards would utilise some of community features of the tech that this site is built on (vbulletin phpbb?), namely auto-uploading to imgur etc. My Reddit app does it on my phone. Even my own website takes care of this in-browser and I host the images myself. Anyone can just upload a pic and it "works".

Server costs are minimal nowadays. Especially if they moved to DigitalOcean and got away from multi-hour outages etc.

Boards.ie Employee

We're investigating why the "Attach Files" link on the touch site is behaving erratically when mobile browsing. This link should appear beneath the text box and allows you to upload images from your mobile. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Thanks guys.

Boards.ie Employee

We have a workaround for this bug while we work on a fix.

Using your mobile:
    • Log out of your boards.ie account and close the boards.ie tab
    • Open a new tab and navigate directly to https://touch.boards.ie/b/auth/login
    • Login to your account
    • Opening any thread and attempting to post should then display "Attach files" underneath the text box

• Advertisement
Advertisement