Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Speed Build Problem

Options
  • 18-02-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a problem that I have run into with my single speed build. Its a 1980s (I think) Reynolds 531 frameset that i bought on ebay for a bargain price sometime ago, frame size is bigger than i would normally use, but with some adjustments it will be fine. I'm fitting ultegra 6600 brakes to it (taking advantage of all the bits in the spares bin!) - or should I say I hope to fit them, as the brake bolt won't fit in the hole on the back of the forks or for the back brake either. There's not much in it, a mm or 2 i reckon. Is it ok to just drill them to get the necessary fit - do it myself or bring it to someone who would have the equipment to do them quickly and properly and most importantly - straight!!! All comments and advice appreciated - thanks in advance!

Advertisement