Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle store

Options
  • 15-02-2018 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me the best bicycle stores for reasonable priced bicycles.
    I'm looking for a mountain bike priced somewhere between E450-650.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If you live in Malahide I would probably start somewhere like Humpries in Finglas. It has a good reputation.

You will probably not get a new bicycle for €650 that is fun to use on a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

You would want to be going right to the high end of your range to get a decent bike. Might be worth considering second hand. You cannot get a decent new MTB for €450.

If you really want a new one - the Vitus bikes are decent. Avoid Suntour Forks. Get RockShox. Sounds like you are beginning - get a hardtail, 27.5 or 29 inch wheel.

For ideas (but outside your budget) - http://vitusbikes.com/products/nucleus-vrx-2018/

and a 29er

http://vitusbikes.com/products/nucleus-29-vrs-2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RowanHarley

Well I know Planet X are doing a sale on some bikes while wiggle.co.uk is always selling their stuff reasonably priced. Check out those 2 sites if you're looking for bargains, especially Planet X

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

You won't avoid the suntour forks, but at least air spring - with axa discount your budget would just about get you the lowest boardman hardtail in halfords.

If it's for trails. If it's for road/ light trails go hybrid or road bike/ cyclocross - suspension will just add weight/ reduce fun!

Advertisement