Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to UCD M9/M11/bus

Options
  • 11-12-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭

I have just accepted a position in UCD three days per week with flexible hours. From my location I can travel up either the M9 or M11 as it is close to the same distance. I am thinking the M11 is probably a better bet. Off peak the journey is 1 hour 45 minutes either way.

Would it make sense to park the car and hop on a bus anywhere along the route? Id love to take the 145 along the QBC but is there anywhere to park? And will it save me time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

fits wrote: »
    I have just accepted a position in UCD three days per week with flexible hours. From my location I can travel up either the M9 or M11 as it is close to the same distance. I am thinking the M11 is probably a better bet. Off peak the journey is 1 hour 45 minutes either way.

Would it make sense to park the car and hop on a bus anywhere along the route? Id love to take the 145 along the QBC but is there anywhere to park? And will it save me time?

May not work for you but if you are anywhere on the sports campus side of UCD the Luas from Cherrywood to Windy Arbour may be an option. 20 minute brisk walk to that side of campus. Definitely Park and Ride from Luas but no idea of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks. I think there might be a shuttle bus but not sure

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There's a shuttle between UCD and Sydney Parade DART station also. May be useful if you live near a rail line.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put your **exact** locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum X min walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Personally, I'd say the luas park and rides are too far in. Same with the 145. Depends where you're traveling from/ joining the n11. Traffic is back to newtownmountkennedy most mornings.

BE or Wexford bus may be options. Wexford bus stops on the outskirts of Arklow, with parking on the old n11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m actually looking at wexfordbus as an option. Seems to be best bet but I won’t know til I try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

Victor wrote: »
    Put your **exact** locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum X min walk".

If you seek to use the 84/a as a link from Bray Railway Station to the Luas at Brides Glen, please note that TFI haven’t updated their database yet.

Advertisement