Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland west airport knock to Galway help

Options
  • 28-03-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am flying into Ireland West Airport Knock (NOC) and need to get to Galway. So far, I can only see that the 64 bus would take me there. Not only are they on strike at the moment, but the last bus leaves at 16:55 and my flight lands at 16:45. Is there any other public transportation that would take me from that airport to Galway? Even if it is a little out of the way to do a connection, I'd be willing to work with it. I'm leaving in 4 days so any tips/suggestions would be amazing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Maybe hire out a car is an option e.g. Europcar.ie. there is good rates for a small cars for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

There is a private bus service called Busfeda which runs a Donegal-Galway service. http://busfeda.ie/donegal-galway-timetable

They don't stop at the airport, but do serve Charlestown and Knock town. Maybe get a taxi to Charlestown and get the 7pm bus. (Charlestown is closer to the airport than Knock so quicker/cheaper taxi ride)

Services will probably be busier with the strike, but they were featured on RTE news here tonight and are putting on extra capacity to cope.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Really sums up the problems with how transport is thought out in ireland
    Prob try renting a car and having the drop off point as galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,674 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Worst case, try these lads https://www.galwayshuttle.com/

Advertisement