Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you 'buy' an A3 license ?

• 01-10-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Morning
    Mate looking to upgrade to A3 to do Gorey 3 day next year but he doesn't have enough points to qf up from A4. Has heard conflicting reports on whether you can buy an A3 license? Anyone shed light if this is possible?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you're talking bribery and corruption, morana's your man ....

.... to put you in your place and explain what the real requirements for an A3 licence are:D.

My recollection is you're supposed to earn it with the requisite points. We had another thread running about the lack of A4 races late in the season resulting in reduced opportunities to get upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    My recollection is you're supposed to earn it with the requisite points

Doesn't really work like that, since I'd guess many (most?) A3s have never been upgraded from A4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Lumen wrote: »
    Doesn't really work like that, since I'd guess many (most?) A3s have never been upgraded from A4.

A3 was there before A4 but a number have come to A3 from A4.

You can buy my A3 licence if you want! Now if you are A4 you need a number of points to go up. However as we debated here in the "End of A4" thread there might be some upgrades going forward.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

morana wrote: »
    However as we debated here in the "End of A4" thread there might be some upgrades going forward. ;)

How do you apply for one of the "going forward" A3s lic :confused: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Once you go A3 for Gory that's you in the A3's for the season. CI, AFAIK, won't let you "hop" back to A4 and rightly so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement