Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EuroVelo. Anybody partaking next year?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm looking into doing the EuroVelo ev2 next year. I am a novice cyclist but will start the training after Christmas, should be fun.

Anybody else doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭eoghan84

I've never heard of that before, is it an event?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

West – East Routes:

2 – Capitals Route: Galway – Moscow 5,500 km

http://www.eurovelo.org/routes/
    Looks awesome, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

Sorry, should have linked to it. Thanks Inquitus, yeah Galway to Moscow. Should take about 1 and a half months, but should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Are there special cyclists friendly hostels/accomodation on these routes.

Are there special cyclists friendly hostels/accomodation on these routes.

Yeah, that's one of things that the Evovelo route has to have. I think I read they have to be at least 50km apart.

• Advertisement

Oh Rly! How much do you reckon the trip will cost you?

Oh Rly! How much do you reckon the trip will cost you?

Flights = ~300
    Bike + gear= 800
    Accommodation + food = 700 (I want to camp as much as possible)
    Entertainment = 400
    Extra cash = ~300

The above figure seems about right. My biggest expense is the bike, panieers tent etc. So total is around the €2500 mark. I don't envision using the entire amount and will be quite frugal while travelling but better to overestimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

What's your camping set-up going to be like? And are you using panniers or frame-packs or trailer or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 WLPD

Ill be interested in following your planning and trip. I hit 50 in 2014 and the plan is Ballinrobe to Rome so was planning on using VR2 to London and then VR5 down thru Euope

WLPD wrote: »
    Ill be interested in following your planning and trip. I hit 50 in 2014 and the plan is Ballinrobe to Rome so was planning on using VR2 to London and then VR5 down thru Euope

this site may be of use
    http://cyclingeurope.org/

• Advertisement
Advertisement