Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Your city needs you!‏ - TransportForDublin.ie

Options
  • 04-11-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Victor,

We are delighted to announce that our website TransportForDublin.ie will shortly be going live. As someone who has recently subscribed to it, we value your opinions.

Please take the time to logon to http://www.transport4dublin.ie/t4d.php. Move around the site, see what we have to offer and more importantly, see if it delivers as an informative website.

Your opinions are very important to us. And you can share them with us by going to our ‘Your Feedback’ page. If you feel there are ways in which we can improve, or indeed, if you are happy with the website, please let us know.

Thanks from everyone at Transport For Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Pretty poor site. You can see it was built by civil servants. What does the "Luas Line BXD" mean to anyone? Why not divide it by locales so people it can get people interested eg. "Luas Connolly to the Docklands" would get a lot more clicks the "Luas Line C1"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Really bad website. I've sent them some of my comments. No where near TFL.gov.uk. Really a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭markpb

It seems like they went out of their way to make a site that is useful rather than just a site that describes what they do (P21 project management) but I'm not sure they've succeeded. It feels like it lacks focus or a target market (other than just C&T readers :)). Compared with Boston, LA or London, it fails a bit miserably.

Edit: Jaysus, could they not find a better photo of the Dart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Nostradamus

Another year another rebranding of the same old lies and false hopes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Really bad website. I've sent them some of my comments. No where near TFL.gov.uk. Really a shame.

Not comparing like with like. tfl.gov.uk is the website of one of the world's biggest public transport companies, with nearly 30,000 employees, and thousands more who are staff working for the companies who do contract work for London Buses.

Transport 4 Dublin is a website provided by a project office that is not responsible for anything other than information collation and probably has less than a handful of employees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Nostradamus

They should rename it Transport Dublin 4 - i,e; highly paid civil servants driving to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm not sure that combining info about Projects (ie future changes that might not be implemented for a while) and Current services is a good idea. A relatively small number of what you might call transport-geeks care about the former. A massive audience care about the latter.

Obviously readers here don't like TFD much.

However, I'm looking for regional public transport information sites to put on the "home page" of the site where my search-for-buses tools are (www.IrishTransport.info)

Is there anything better for Dublin?

And does anyone know of similar sites for other Irish town/cities? (Including from NI). I've seen Cork city council's public transport page, which seemed to be good for all aspects - except buses!

(I'm not trying to do a thread hi-jack, even though this kinda feels like one. But it's just such a good fit of a place to ask ...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

What is the difference between this bollockology and this other bollockology from 2008 can ANYBODY tell me? :(

Nice, the only thing I could find on cycling in Dublin on that website was something on the Dublin Bikes scheme which linked off to another website. I was thinking that at least it'd have a map similar to dto.ie with cycle lanes but not even that. None of the ongoing cycling projects that have been announced in other quarters.

Advertisement