Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor track measurements

Options
  • 04-12-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the total distance is for one lap of an indoor track? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

250m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

200m if you are in Ghent

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

250 is standard - can be not much more than half that length (Casholt near Southampton is 142.857m) and the one in Moscow is 333.33m. They are usually a distance that is exactly divisible into 1,000m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

morana wrote: »
    200m if you are in Ghent

There are two in Gent. The one used for Six Day is 167m and the other is 250m

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

From Olympics to World Cups, have to be held in between 250m and 400m tracks. (Nowadays modern tracks are 250m)
    Extremes for indoor to outdoor tracks range from Ghent at 166m vs sundrive road at 466m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

GMCI wrote: »
    From Olympics to World Cups, have to be held in between 250m and 400m tracks. (Nowadays modern tracks are 250m)
    Extremes for indoor to outdoor tracks range from Ghent at 166m vs sundrive road at 466m

Afaik, Calshot is shortest. It's crazy difficult to hold your line on it at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Thanks folks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Thanks folks.
    If you need any help just post here. There are a few regulars here who I am sure will be happy to help you lay the foundations. Once that's done I have a protractor and can help you get the angles right

Where are you building it?:p

Advertisement