Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spin Shoes

Options
  • 26-04-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. i have been doing spin classes an dnotice some people wear special shoes that clip on. were would i get them and are they any use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You can get cycling shoes in most decent bike shops. Cycleways and Cycleogical in town have a good range. A metal cleat screws into the bottom and clips into the pedal. Confusingly these are called clipless pedals.

On the bike being clipped in allows you to apply power to the whole pedal stroke (pushing down and pulling up). I assume it would be the same in a Spin class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thanks morgan and is there different kind of clips or would any pair do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

There are several different cleats - you'll have to get the right ones for the pedals on the Spin bike. They're most likely Shimano SPD but check with your gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hpereyrol

Hello,

I am selling a pair of Cycling shoes (size 44) Brand New in box!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054926596
    If you are interested...let me know. Price could be negociable.
    Thanks.

Advertisement