Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling with an infant

Options
  • 24-06-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As the title suggests I'll be travelling with my 8 week old daughter soon. My wife and I are going from Dublin - Cork, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on stopping points for nappy changing and feeding (somewhere maybe where all 3 of us can feed).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭victor8600

https://motorwayservices.ie/M7_(Ireland)

Last time I went I stopped at Mayfield, it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Give yourself plenty of time.
    Obama Plaza is a great stop and has good facilities too.
    Whatever you do, never ever stop on a hard shoulder unless it's an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Mayfield is the best place to stop if ye need to..

Kinda had the approach with the little one, on first trips that if she was happy in the car and sleeping we didnt stop if we could avoid it. Might mean they miss out on one feed but worth it to just get to the end point. If two of ye are going perhaps one sit in the back just to make sure all is ok....

Is it breast or bottle she is on. If tis bottle grab a few of the small cartons of milk for her, so handy to have as you dont have to keep them in the fridge and can open one bottle at a time for trips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There’s also a decent service station in Cashel, if ye want to get a bit further before stopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

There's a handy service station just off J3 on the M8 as well which I think might be the Abbeyleix exit. We found that a nice nearly halfway point with our little one. Hopefully she'll sleep in the car for most of the trip for you.

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »

Is it breast or bottle she is on. If tis bottle grab a few of the small cartons of milk for her, so handy to have as you dont have to keep them in the fridge and can open one bottle at a time for trips

You can just bring your own bottle too, stick it from the fridge into one of the insulated bottle bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yes very true, I just think the ones in the carton as least you dont have to worry about them being hot or cold and the paranoia over is it out to long etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Where in Cork?If she's asleep, I'd keep going.Have done it a few times, and Dublin/Waterford too.Some emergency changes in Parking lay-bys on the motorway if needed, and bottle/breast feeds in them too if needed.It's only a 3 hour trip to Cork city.If you are going further, you could always make Cork city your aim to stop in, and see how it goes.

Advertisement