Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-08-2020, 15:50   #46
padd b1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkie1203 View Post
Nearly 1k for 5 sessions.

The global pandemic and subsequent job recession obviously doesn't register with Dean Rock
You'd need a few lessons in blindside punching from daddy thrown in to part with that kind of coin.
Advertisement
02-08-2020, 19:20   #47
Edgware

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBear1993 View Post
Ha, he'll get his market for it. Daddy moneybags will send the son aged 8-14 to Deano Rock and fair play to Deano.

Same son is overweight and nowhere near the team, will prob have no interest in football in another few years.

But sure didn't my lad do a session with Dean rock?? unreal stuff!!
Fools and their money etc etc
08-08-2020, 16:01   #48
Kevhog1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyMets View Post
Down in 2010 had a great chance of winning and All Ireland. If I remember only lost by a point to Cork. And then they seemed to disappear of the scene completely.
Robbed Kildare with a Square Ball in 2010
Today, 00:37   #49
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfMan View Post
While Galway were indeed fortunate that day, in fairness to Ros' I strongly doubt that they were good enough to progress much further. Simply didn't have the class that Galway subsequently showed in Croker.
If Roscommon had won that, we were in a semi-final with Derry and if they won, final with Kildare. 2 good teams, but that '98 Roscommon team would have been more than a match for either.

We'll never have a better chance to win an All-Ireland in the current format.

Another missed opportunity would have been 2010 for Sligo to win a second Connacht in 4 years. Beat Galway and Mayo and then turned up to collect the cup only to be basically jumped by a Roscommon team who had been relegated to Division 4 that year. If memory serves me correctly, Sligo were murdered by Down in the qualifiers a week later and that was the end of that.

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater; Today at 00:40.
Thanks from:
Today, 10:09   #50
Hammer Archer

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhog1988 View Post
Robbed Kildare with a Square Ball in 2010
To be fair, if I remember correctly, Kildare's goal that day should also have been disallowed due to a ridiculous number of steps taken.
Advertisement
Today, 10:54   #51
Hulk Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater View Post
If Roscommon had won that, we were in a semi-final with Derry and if they won, final with Kildare. 2 good teams, but that '98 Roscommon team would have been more than a match for either.
For that year, and the couple either side 96-00, Kildare beat Dub x2, Meath, Kerry (AI Champs), brought 97 champs Meath to 2 replays and won 2 provincials. Roscommon's best result in that period was a replay win over Sligo. I don't think there's anything to suggest Ros would've been more than a match for them
Today, 11:13   #52
The_Kew_Tour

Could add Wexford in semi final last year. On form Cats are in for final, Wexford would have won that
Today, 13:21   #53
Rasputin11

You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could've met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day I kept saying, "I'll go a little later. I'll go a little later." And then when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked a mall guy if he would ever come back again... he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never gonna let something like that happen again! I'm going into space right now!
(2) thanks from:
Today, 17:03   #54
MfMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater View Post

We'll never have a better chance to win an All-Ireland in the current format.

Another missed opportunity would have been 2010 for Sligo to win a second Connacht in 4 years. Beat Galway and Mayo and then turned up to collect the cup only to be basically jumped by a Roscommon team who had been relegated to Division 4 that year. If memory serves me correctly, Sligo were murdered by Down in the qualifiers a week later and that was the end of that.
I felt Roscommon had a better chance a few years earlier than that; as far as I recall from the sunny Hill that day, they had the upper hand on a tiring Meath team for much of the 1991 semi-final, but succumbed late in the game. Paul Earley, a player light years behind his exalted brother IMHO, was responsible for a number of misses that day. It was a good Down team in the final, but still. (Have Ros/Down ever met in the championship?)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 20:04   #55
cson

2015 for Galway in the hurling was criminal.

3 points up at half time if I remember right, hurling Kilkenny off the park, and yet ended up needing a late JC goal to finish within 4. Just didn't come out for the second half, to paraphrase Roy Keane, just afraid of taking that next step. Same thing 3 years earlier in 2012, 5 up at HT, needed a monster JC free to bring it to a replay.

Great that the team finally won one, but I think they left at least 1 if not 2 behind them in the 2010s.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion