Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-07-2020, 18:49   #16
Dempo1
Registered User
 
Dempo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by antix80 View Post
You sound very irrational going into the store with the equipment.

Read your contract. You need to give a month's notice and cancel in writing. No point visiting the store or phoning people (although it is easy enough to dial 1901 and choose the option to cancel).

To give notice and cancel in writing you can post a letter to Eir, or by using this form: https://www.eir.ie/support/online-forms/cancellations/

After cancellation they will send you a letter with instructions on how to return your equipment.

If you are in a contract period and you cancel your final bill will include an early termination charge.
Couldn't agree more, I'm astonished at how many customers of networks think they can cancel contracts in network retail stores, it has never, ever been permitted to cancel contracts at store level. The fact the op is bringing equipment into a store suggests they wish to cancel contract early, equipment is retained by customers after contract expires.

Comreg may assist but customers have to follow processes, Comreg have clamped down on babysitting customers and will want proof of attempts to rectify problems with their providers. Email, Email, Email, can't be ignored or hidden and will act as proof of attempts to rectify issues etc.

OP, Retail staff have enough S&€TE to deal with, with Covid-19 protocols.

For the record, I don't work for Eir but did for another network
Dempo1 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2020, 18:55   #17
Bikerman2019
Registered User
 
Bikerman2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempo1 View Post
Couldn't agree more, I'm astonished at how many customers of networks think they can cancel contracts in network retail stores, it has never, ever been permitted to cancel contracts at store level. The fact the op is bringing equipment into a store suggests they wish to cancel contract early, equipment is retained by customers after contract expires.

Comreg may assist but customers have to follow processes, Comreg have clamped down on babysitting customers and will want proof of attempts to rectify problems with their providers. Email, Email, Email, can't be ignored or hidden and will act as proof of attempts to rectify issues etc.

OP, Retail staff have enough S&€TE to deal with, with Covid-19 protocols.

For the record, I don't work for Eir but did for another network

The original post says he only did that after 3 months of trying to contact them using the correct channels. While they are wrong doing this, I can understand why they did it.

With a lot of companies, you have big queues to cancel but no queue to sign up.....
Bikerman2019 is offline  
25-07-2020, 19:04   #18
Dempo1
Registered User
 
Dempo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerman2019 View Post
The original post says he only did that after 3 months of trying to contact them using the correct channels. While they are wrong doing this, I can understand why they did it.

With a lot of companies, you have big queues to cancel but no queue to sign up.....
I'm struggling to believe anyone spent 3 months trying to cancel a contract. There are ample customer self service facilities, such as chat, these can be printed, emailed etc, or indeed email eir, if ignored, then get onto Comreg, Twitter Care also being used and threads can be saved etc, my issue is bringing clear frustration out at retail level. I do agree, communication companies have become the worst when it comes to actually communicating with their customers. A tip for the OP, they panic when negative stuff put up on social media, get cracking
Dempo1 is offline  
25-07-2020, 21:58   #19
Shanotheslayer
Registered User
 
Shanotheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerman2019 View Post
Dont mean to hijack a thread, but does anyone know how this one goes. A friend is moving her BB and phone away from Eir and into Virgin. Virgin installing middle of Aug.



Eir switching site says fill out this form if SWITCHING so you keep your number, but elsewhere it says 30 days from cancellation notice. The number can only be requested and moved to Virgin once Virgin goes live. The issue is will it be 30 days from the Virgin live date - middle of August, or can we do it now?


I can see a trap where Eir and Virgin will both be live at the same time.
Virgin should be able to do everything for you. Will be impossible for both to be live at the same time. Unless you're referring to both bills.
Shanotheslayer is offline  
26-07-2020, 02:00   #20
Bikerman2019
Registered User
 
Bikerman2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanotheslayer View Post
Virgin should be able to do everything for you. Will be impossible for both to be live at the same time. Unless you're referring to both bills.
Yes, both bills.

Virgin goes live, so their billing starts. But if eir then gets notice, their bill may still run for 30 days so its a double payment.

Can it be avoided
Bikerman2019 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet