Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-08-2020, 16:38   #1
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline

Mod: Radio, ZTest
People who leave their curtains open in the suburbs

It's one thing wandering around in the nip when you live in the countryside, but I've likely seen more of my neighbours' anatomy than their own GP.

I'm not suggesting anything drastic like net curtains, but can't people at least draw the curtains when the lights come on?

I won't sugar-coat this, I've seen actual sexual activity between a couple of near neighbours at the onset of dusk. It shouldn't matter, but the fact is they weren't exactly in their youth and I could have done without that image.

There is also a narrow passage between my house and another neighbour. A side bedroom looks directly into their bedroom. If the window were open, we would be able to chat in indoor-voices. Yet they happily sit in bed, chatting and reading like a pair of exhibitionists, while I feel like some sort of prude for pulling the blind.

Obviously this problem is overcome by simply drawing your own curtains. But even taking the dogs out to do their wees, I've seen far more of my neighbours than I comfortable with.

Our road has a WhatsApp group and I'm nearly tempted to make some kind of general appeal to it. What do you think? Have you experienced this?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 16:40   #2
Odelay

Yeah, you should definitely mention it in the WhatsApp group.
01-08-2020, 16:46   #3
Upforthematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
Absolutely, and be sure to post the responses here.... so we can advise further
01-08-2020, 16:47   #4
EmmetSpiceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
But only if he includes some photographic “examples” of what he’s been seeing.
01-08-2020, 16:50   #5
Penfailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades! View Post
It's one thing wandering around in the nip when you live in the countryside, but I've likely seen more of my neighbours' anatomy than their own GP.

I'm not suggesting anything drastic like net curtains, but can't people at least draw the curtains when the lights come on?

I won't sugar-coat this, I've seen actual sexual activity between a couple of near neighbours at the onset of dusk. It shouldn't matter, but the fact is they weren't exactly in their youth and I could have done without that image.

There is also a narrow passage between my house and another neighbour. A side bedroom looks directly into their bedroom. If the window were open, we would be able to chat in indoor-voices. Yet they happily sit in bed, chatting and reading like a pair of exhibitionists, while I feel like some sort of prude for pulling the blind.

Obviously this problem is overcome by simply drawing your own curtains. But even taking the dogs out to do their wees, I've seen far more of my neighbours than I comfortable with.

Our road has a WhatsApp group and I'm nearly tempted to make some kind of general appeal to it. What do you think? Have you experienced this?
Avert yer eyes you voyeur.
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 16:54   #6
beachhead

I will download whatsapp now immmediatmon
01-08-2020, 17:17   #7
frosty123

The Dutch do that all the time, lived in Holland for a spell...could write a book about what I saw everything from drug taking, yoga, domestic violence to a couple having sex, I kid you not
(2) thanks from:
01-08-2020, 17:24   #8
Lau2976

Quote:
Why not just say it to them? All your doing by putting in the group is telling everyone else since they’ll all know your talking about YOUR neighbors anyway
Thanks from:
01-08-2020, 17:28   #9
Buttonftw

OP whereabouts exactly is this?
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 17:28   #10
talla10

Post that in the whatsapp and they'll know it was the guy with the curtains closed. What are you hiding anyway?
01-08-2020, 17:30   #11
frag420

Can you add me to the WhatsApp group too?
01-08-2020, 17:32   #12
An Ri rua

Quote:

Would you not just reach in and switch off the bedside light, say it's time to sleep now darlings...
Thanks from:
01-08-2020, 17:33   #13
Kylta

Quote:

Are you the resident peeping tom?
01-08-2020, 17:36   #14
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline

Mod: Radio, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau2976 View Post
Why not just say it to them? All your doing by putting in the group is telling everyone else since they’ll all know your talking about YOUR neighbors anyway
I can see into at least six houses from here, after dark; they needn't know I'm talking about them.

I wouldn't really put it in the WhatsApp group, unless it gets worse. I'm half hoping some of them might read this and pull the blinds.
(2) thanks from:
01-08-2020, 17:37   #15
global23214124

And now to ride Mrs O'Reilly

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size