Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any table Top RPG groups?

• 25-08-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello, i'm moving to waterfod in september and i'm looking for people to play RPG with,
    (most of the time I Play D&D, but i'm up for other games).

Any group available?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think WIT has a d and d and the likes club that mets once a week. Seen a few signs up around the college when I used to be a student there.

No idea if it's still going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

would be interested in this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gealachbeithe

I'm in the process of trying to set up something similar. Hopefully a gaming club that can meet once a week/month. I've always been really into D&D, RPGs, Warhammer, MTG, and similar but could never find anyone else to play with. So I became a collector and hobbyist. I never actually played but would love to start. Would be great to get some games started in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Here's a great idea for yous why don't you set up a group on meet up.com in Waterford for table top games you could be quite handy to get others playing with yous ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Pardon my ignorance but what is RPG, D&D and the likes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gealachbeithe

obezyana wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but what is RPG, D&D and the likes?

RPGs are role playing games where you play as a character in a game.
    From Wikipedia: "A role-playing game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines"

D&D is an abbreviation of "Dungeons & Dragons" - probably the role playing game that people might be most familiar with, and has been around in one form or another since the early 70s.
    MTG is also an abbreviation of Magic: The Gathering, and is a trading card game where players battle as wizards using trading cards. Games like MTG combine collectable cards with a strategy game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

RPGs are role playing games where you play as a character in a game.
    From Wikipedia: "A role-playing game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines"

D&D is an abbreviation of "Dungeons & Dragons" - probably the role playing game that people might be most familiar with, and has been around in one form or another since the early 70s.
    MTG is also an abbreviation of Magic: The Gathering, and is a trading card game where players battle as wizards using trading cards. Games like MTG combine collectable cards with a strategy game.

Ah right very good thanks for the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

Great guys! Lets try to setup something then, i Just arrived, and it is quite busy because of induction and etc, but things will become slower soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alpa

I'm moving to Waterford next week and have been looking for somewhere to play MTG. Count me in!

Advertisement