Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Paddocks, Donabate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Hi, just wondering has any current residents in the Paddocks carried out an attic conversion before they moved in? Or if any future residents plan to do the same before they move in?
    I am sale agreed on a 3 bed semi-d in Phase 2.

I'm thinking about it, or at least getting the rafters done to leave it as a less expensive option in future. I've yet to reach out to the builder yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 guiterman

Hello, future buyer at the Paddocks here. We're currently looking at the east-facing garden terraces. Any idea if the sun will hit the back of the garden in the summer? Also unsure of how the kitchen in the terrace will look once finished. If someone could PM me a picture of terraace kitchen finish that would be really helpful as it's my wife's biggest concern. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Horserun

Sheeps wrote: »
    I'm thinking about it, or at least getting the rafters done to leave it as a less expensive option in future. I've yet to reach out to the builder yet.

Hi I am just wondering if you managed to reach out to the builder in relation to the rafters and what his reply was? Seems like a very good idea if he will accommodate it.

guiterman wrote: »
    Hello, future buyer at the Paddocks here. We're currently looking at the east-facing garden terraces. Any idea if the sun will hit the back of the garden in the summer? Also unsure of how the kitchen in the terrace will look once finished. If someone could PM me a picture of terraace kitchen finish that would be really helpful as it's my wife's biggest concern. Thank you.

Hi did you manage to get a picture of finished kitchen and what is your opinion? What does it look like?

Horserun wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering if you managed to reach out to the builder in relation to the rafters and what his reply was? Seems like a very good idea if he will accommodate it.

Emailed them, but never got a reply. Presumably they're not lifting a finger until April 5th. Currently phase 2 is about half built by the looks of things, so there's still some time. I'll probably reach out to them again and ask soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 TheProfessor23

Hi, has anybody been given a completion date for their house in Phase 2 yet? The house's look well advanced. I am sale agreed on a west facing gardens in Phase 2, so would be interested to see if anybody on the east facing garden side has been given a date.
    Thanks.

Hi, has anybody been given a completion date for their house in Phase 2 yet? The house's look well advanced. I am sale agreed on a west facing gardens in Phase 2, so would be interested to see if anybody on the east facing garden side has been given a date.
    Thanks.

Just the original date that was given (25th of August). No idea if it's on track or not. I emailed the estate agent, but haven't heard a peep out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Beithk13

Hi,

We're number 28 supposed to be complete on the 30th of June, we were told from foreman min of 6-8 week delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ronoc27

Really looking forward to moving in, indication from speaking to the builders on site that we would be in in late Sept. We are no.32. So that may help some people gauge when they might get in. I think I saw some houses maybe 18/19 that looked to have boxes etc that looked like it could be the start of the move in process.

Probably unwise for the estate agent to give everyone such specific dates. A lot of my friends and family found that strange, usually its vague to avoid disappointment!

I got late September from the developer too. Did you go out to the site recently?

• Advertisement

Just a heads up we are number 28 supposed to be snagging this week but now looking like end of sept after more delays

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty much expecting October at this point, given I'm in one of the three last houses to be finished. Hope the snagging goes well when you eventually get in there.

Hey Just to let you know we snag Oct 5th, all drive ways just about done so maybe you’ll be early to mid November I’d imagine.

Awesome, hope the snag goes well. Think the kitchens are only due to be fit in mine at the very end of October, so completion date will hopefully not be too much longer beyond that. I'm thinking the very end of November or early December myself before finally being able to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kimbo2712

How did you get on with the snag? Hope there aren't too many on the list!

Hey snags went pretty well finish of the house fairly tidy. They didn’t have the kitchen appliances in but which was disappointing not sure what the delay is. Hopefully close the deal in November

Good to hear it went well! There have been already many delays in the delivery of the kitchen in general... yet another... disappointing alright. We are doing the snag next week and also hope to complete the purchase in November. Fingers and toes crossed for all of us :)

Snagging on Friday 29th Oct, hopefully everything goes ok!

Does anybody know how long it usually takes from snag to getting keys? Need to give my landlord notice to move out!

Depends on you solicitor but I guess on average 2/3 weeks

• Advertisement

Grand, all minor stuff, good finish to house in general. Going up today (Wednesday) to inspect the snags, and then get the ball rolling with the sale closure. I am hoping to get keys in the next 2/3 weeks. It will be great to be in the house before Xmas!

That's great news! I'm really hoping to be in before Christmas too, but at this stage who knows. Seems to be non stop delays.

Hi, just wondering if anyone in phase two knows does the extractor fan in the kitchen come on automatically? I can’t hear it working!!

Andy said the fan is equipped with some sort of a motion sensor (so it turns itself on when someone walks in) and it also comes on even when nobody is there if humidity is high. I could barely hear anything in the kitchen myself but the extractor system in the attic was definitely working!

Hi, been a long time since anything posted on the forum for The Paddocks. It has come to my attention that the Developer has decided to sell 3 houses to Fingal County Council. It is very disappointing that the Developer has decided to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭highdef

Why is it disappointing that a certain individual, or group in this case, is allowed to purchase from the developer?

The assurance which was given by the Estate Agent, Builder and the DEVELOPER make this decision disappointing on many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭highdef

So it's disappointing on many levels, can you elaborate? Is this just a personal disappointment (at many levels) or is it something more? I had a look at the sales brochure and a few other bits that I googled and it looks just like any other high density housing estate so I'm unsure what makes it so disappointing that the local county council is purchasing a small number of this houses. This is quite the norm in housing estates these days so I can't quite figure out what is stemming your disappointment when it's pretty much an expectation when living in a modern housing estate.

• Advertisement

Advertisement