Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Gaughan and Frank Stagg Funeral

Options
  • 16-12-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

And photographs of either of these peoples funerals in Ballina would be greatly appreciated????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What is this for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

easkey92 wrote: »
    And photographs of either of these peoples funerals in Ballina would be greatly appreciated????

Very good question. I doubt you'll find a photo of Stagg's republican burial as, if I recall correctly, it was done in the dead of night in 1976 when republicans drilled through (under?) the concrete which Paddy Cooney's government put over the coffin, lifted up the coffin and reburied it in the republican plot in Ballina. Perhaps one of the local papers in Mayo would have a photo of the initial burial in their archives?

I did find this informative documentary (Paddy Cooney is interviewed in it) on Frank Stagg's funeral, however:

You should be able to snatch a photo from this video of Michael Gaughan's funeral:

(Saoirse appears to have done precisely that here)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

What is this for?

im just curious since it happen in my home town!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

As an aside , the Labour TD Emmett Stagg was a brother of Frank Stagg.

Advertisement