Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless CCTV for estate

Options
  • 09-10-2019 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

We live in a small estate outside of Dublin. Prime target for the unsavoury types. Was going to put up CCTV to monitors cars coming in and out of estate.

To save running wires/etc I was going to use the following which a friend recommended: https://www.komplett.ie/eufy-by-anker-eufycam-duo-pack/20920985/product/11207

Just wondering do any other companies do something similar on battery with a receiver? what other options would be available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,513 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You want to install a camera to monitor traffic and retain reg numbers on a public thoroughfare?

Rather than go down the road of asking if you are aware of your GDPR compliance obligations and need for an appointed data controller and policy.

So I'll just advise you to take a look at the http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Community-Based-CCTV and seek advice from them.
    Take the time to have a chat with your local community Garda and also seek competent legal advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

banie01 wrote: »
    You want to install a camera to monitor traffic and retain reg numbers on a public thoroughfare?

Rather than go down the road of asking if you are aware of your GDPR compliance obligations and need for an appointed data controller and policy.

So I'll just advise you to take a look at the http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Community-Based-CCTV and seek advice from them.
    Take the time to have a chat with your local community Garda and also seek competent legal advice.

Ok will take note and contact Garda....

If I just want to cover my own property would those cameras be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

A wireless solution would be very dubious for your purposes. You will have potentially hundreds of activations per day and it will burn through the battery in no time. Also at the height it needs to be at to be secure it may not have the resolution particularly at night to see regs etc. Unfortunately you probably need something more permanent.

I have an Arlo pro 2 kit I got on Amazon US for 300 quid for 2 cameras and the base. It is quite good.

A wireless solution would be very dubious for your purposes. You will have potentially hundreds of activations per day and it will burn through the battery in no time. Also at the height it needs to be at to be secure it may not have the resolution particularly at night to see regs etc. Unfortunately you probably need something more permanent.

I have an Arlo pro 2 kit I got on Amazon US for 300 quid for 2 cameras and the base. It is quite good.

Seen that as well, do you use around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Also lads don't go around in their own cars, robbing houses. They use "company cars" stolen or bought for scrap money

• Advertisement

hurikane wrote: »
    Also lads don't go around in their own cars, robbing houses. They use "company cars" stolen or bought for scrap money

You must give that advice to the 4 lads caught at weekend in their own car

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You must give that advice to the 4 lads caught at weekend in their own car

Did the four of them own it together?

No need to be a smart arse. Just relaying what our community officer said to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Yep front and back. I like it.

Advertisement