Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your starsign?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Ipso wrote: »
    How can it be accurate? It's pure cold reading. What is it about those stars out of the million other ones that makes them impact peoples lives (then there is the precession of the equinoxes as someone else mentioned)?
    Besides, shouldn't there be 13 groups of people worldwide living the exact same lives?

Objectively it's a load of crap but as to the meaning or lack thereof you give to a star sign, that's something personal and unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Taurus.

I do have quite a few Taurean traits - loyal, possessive and determined but I think 95% of astrology is mumbo jumbo rubbish.

I do think there is something to it - but not to extent that astrologers waffle on about.

IMO, and it's only IMO, most Taurus people are cnuts. Self centered cnuts. That is not against you btw, it's just my own experience.
    My other "Starry eyes" observations are:
    Virgo women are indeed stunners. The men are a pita. Too complex.
    Cancerians are nice and decent, but very few people are true cancerians, most are mixtures of signs - in fact, almost everyone is. Nearly no one is just one sign. Pure Cancerians are nice tho.
    Pisces people seem all strait laced and upstanding. Inside, they want to be naked on a beach in Ibiza.
    Aries people are head cases. Resistance is futile.
    Gemini people - who knows? They don't know themselves. It changes, a lot.
    Leo people - are they really people? They make for cruel older sisters, vain Bosses and haughty waiters.
    Libra - stop judging me. And everything else. Also cold. But hot. The women are anyway. The men, not so much..just judgey..
    Scorpio - Scorpios are wonderful... and they'll kill you if you disagree..
    Sagittarius - If you want to really know if your bum looks big in these jeans, ask one of these. They'll tell it straight and wonder why you're annoyed.
    Capricorn - your managers probably one. Yeah. No need to say more..
    Aquarius - I'm not saying they're dull, but carrying water isn't exactly exciting..you get my drift..you'd get more action out of an envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

My starsign is nothing like me.....and anytime i ever read them and said i was going to get money/good fortune..

Never happened yet :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was born under a wand'rin' star.

Zaph wrote: »
    I was born under a wand'rin' star.

You spelled "riding" wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Orion, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I've always found people born under Taurus very self-absorbed, arrogant and quick to anger, met very few nice people born under that sign so there must be something in it. It's uncanny in the way many times that I've only found out their birthdays afterwards but guessed correctly most of the time what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Gemini.....complete with split personality.

Who said that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I am Virgo. Apparently I get on with other Virgos, Taurus and Capricorn.

When I was a teenager, I had a huge crush on a Capricorn! We were definitely not compatible though or maybe too compatible :/:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Why so serious?

Because rhythm is a dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Beyondgone wrote: »
    IMO, and it's only IMO, most Taurus people are cnuts. Self centered cnuts. That is not against you btw, it's just my own experience.
    Cancerians are nice and decent, but very few people are true cancerians, most are mixtures of signs - in fact, almost everyone is. Nearly no one is just one sign. Pure Cancerians are nice tho.
    Pisces people seem all strait laced and upstanding. Inside, they want to be naked on a beach in Ibiza.
    Leo people - are they really people? They make for cruel older sisters, vain Bosses and haughty waiters.
    Libra - stop judging me. And everything else. Also cold. But hot. The women are anyway. The men, not so much..just judgey..
    Sagittarius - If you want to really know if your bum looks big in these jeans, ask one of these. They'll tell it straight and wonder why you're annoyed.
    Aquarius - I'm not saying they're dull, but carrying water isn't exactly exciting..you get my drift..you'd get more action out of an envelope.

Define ''Head case'' please? :)

My ex is a Capricorn. Not an advisable combination, according to the horoscopes. Irresistible force meets immovable object.

Define ''Head case'' please? :)

My ex is a Capricorn. Not an advisable combination, according to the horoscopes. Irresistible force meets immovable object.
    Aries? The best people going, but headers. I've an Aries son. Head case. Like all the others I know. A lot of Bosses are Aries. Drivven and moody. very.

Aries? The best people going, but headers. I've an Aries son. Head case. Like all the others I know. A lot of Bosses are Aries. Drivven and moody. very.

Odd. Driven, definitely, moody would be the very last word I'd think of for Aries. I've never known one to sulk, too straightforward and impatient for that.

Unless you mean a bit explosive. But I'd say only with good cause and it doesn't linger.

Of course we are all different, but the similarities can be amusing.

Odd. Driven, definitely, moody would be the very last word I'd think of for Aries. I've never known one to sulk, too straightforward and impatient for that.

Unless you mean a bit explosive. But I'd say only with good cause and it doesn't linger.

Of course we are all different, but the similarities can be amusing.

Eat the head off you like a lunatic and then 2 seconds later hear themselves and smile at how ott it is? Yeah.. Headers. Good headers, but still..

Eat the head off you like a lunatic and then 2 seconds later hear themselves and smile at how ott it is? Yeah.. Headers. Good headers, but still..

Hm..I've been told I'm scary, a few times. With age comes a modicum of diplomacy, though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm a Leo, I am a person though, was a useless waitress have no younger siblings and nobody ever listened to me giving orders. Maybe I'm more a water sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Isn't star traits just post enough vague shyte most people will self identify with?

snowflaker wrote: »
    Isn't star traits just post enough vague shyte most people will self identify with?

It is generalised. You'd really need to get a chart done to have any idea. (Never bothered myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

It is generalised. You'd really need to get a chart done to have any idea. (Never bothered myself)

Or I could just burn the money?

Or I could just burn the money?

I'm just saying if that's what people are into. I never got one done either.

• Advertisement

I'm just saying if that's what people are into. I never got one done either.

It's more complex than just "you're a Pisces". It's a kinda smorgasbord. People are mixtures of astro-traits. In general, you have to say there are certain characteristics that bear out. You ever met a watery scorpio? Or a driven Aquarius?

It's more complex than just "you're a Pisces". It's a kinda smorgasbord. People are mixtures of astro-traits. In general, you have to say there are certain characteristics that bear out. You ever met a watery scorpio? Or a driven Aquarius?

I used to read them when I was a kid and believe in it but I've met too many people now and they'd have nothing in common and be the same star sign. Your personality is based on your life experience mainly. That thing about Taurians being generous!! Fck that.

Yes and no. That happens when people see what they want to see in themselves. It can encourage introspection and self awareness, too.

I'm confident that I wouldn't be convinced by the description of another sign, if someone posted it up and said it was a description of Aries people.

I used to read them when I was a kid and believe in it but I've met too many people now and they'd have nothing in common and be the same star sign. Your personality is based on your life experience mainly. That thing about Taurians being generous!! Fck that.

Linda Goodman is a good read. It's nuanced. But it ALWAYS bears out. It's a odd one. I'm a cynic, but I can't cynic this.

Russell Grant would have done my astrological chart for me but you need to know the time of your own birth for that. I would be interested to know how accurate they seem.

Again, dunno why people get worked up about it. Harmless bit of vanity.

Linda Goodman is a good read. It's nuanced. But it ALWAYS bears out. It's a odd one. I'm a cynic, but I can't cynic this.

I just read mine there, some of it was true alright, some of it wasn't. It's getting dated now though sadly, I remember reading those books years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Astrology, the "science" of star signs, is just as comforting as any religion. Gives you some assurance about your place in the (spiritual) world or about your (hazy) personality or whatever.

Not to be confused with horoscopes which is the art of prediction which is usually utter bolloxology.
    But then others believe in a future of paradise, heaven, hell, reincarnation or resurrection. So what's the difference?

I'm a scorpio and per se don't believe in anything else as in what I do and create myself :D

Though the prediction that later this year riches will come my way appeals somehow ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

Capricorn anyway.
    My moon is in capicorn. I have a sun opposed moon I am a total surprise!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm Capricorn....like Billy Ray Valentine.

I'm Capricorn....like Billy Ray Valentine.
    I like Capricorns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I like Capricorns!

Why thank you! :)

Funny, my mother is a Capricorn also and we clash something awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

How dare you diss my starsign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

On the cusp of Virgo and Libra. Technically Libra rather than Virgo, but I've been told I'm much more like a Virgo.

Cusp, I feckin' hate that word. No reason why. It's just a very irritating word.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Virgo.

Submissive personality.

ooh Matron..:eek::eek:

I'm a Leo, I am a person though, was a useless waitress have no younger siblings and nobody ever listened to me giving orders. Maybe I'm more a water sign.

I only said that about Leos to see if loads of Leos (who are very good at defending themselves) would get annoyed and Go "I'm not!" hence outing themselves as Leos..as opposed to going "It's a load of rubbish!" and saying nothing. :D

I like Leos. The ones I've met have lived up to their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I like Leos. The ones I've met have lived up to their name.

Sure isn't Leo Taoiseach now?

I don't think they should hold elections on a full moon. Cancerians are the only ones who can handle this energy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Samaris wrote: »
    Adjusted for celestial inflation or not?
    Indeed

The 25,800 year precession cycle of the Earth's axis means that star signs have shifted since astrology started. So your star sign doesn't represent the stars you were born under.

If the Earth's axis was as tilted as Uranus then star signs would be very complicated.

I'm a Capricorn, not sure about the alleged traits or their relevance to me.

My parents were given a Jyotisha birth chart for me when I was born, according to that I'm a Makara and will do wonderful things. I'm doubtful about the accuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Candie wrote: »
    I'm a Capricorn, not sure about the alleged traits or their relevance to me.

My parents were given a Jyotisha birth chart for me when I was born, according to that I'm a Makara and will do wonderful things. I'm doubtful about the accuracy.

Born in January 1988?

seenitall wrote: »
    Born in January 1988?

87! How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Candie wrote: »
    87! How do you know?

Well, obviously I don't know! :)

It was just a guess from googling Makara, combined with the dates for Capricorn, and my knocking around on boards for so long that I remember you posting a while ago that you were 26, then another while ago that you were 28... you get the picture!

(not a stalker, promise. Just very good memory! And the lack of anything better to do on a very windy Saturday afternoon out here in the Wesht...)

seenitall wrote: »
    Well, obviously I don't know! :)

It was just a guess from googling Makara, combined with the dates for Capricorn, and my knocking around on boards for so long that I remember you posting a while ago that you were 26, then another while ago that you were 28... you get the picture!

(not a stalker, promise. Just very good memory! And the lack of anything better to do on a very windy Saturday afternoon out here in the Wesht...)

You have a great memory. :)

• Advertisement

I only said that about Leos to see if loads of Leos (who are very good at defending themselves) would get annoyed and Go "I'm not!" hence outing themselves as Leos..as opposed to going "It's a load of rubbish!" and saying nothing. :D

You're one sly dawg. So what star sign are you then so we can dissect you?

I don't think they should hold elections on a full moon. Cancerians are the only ones who can handle this energy.

Cancer is ruled by the Moon that's why. If you want to believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

Virgo here

Cancer is ruled by the Moon that's why. If you want to believe that.
    I know it's my planet ....the mother land ! :p

You're one sly dawg. So what star sign are you then so we can dissect you?

Gemini or Scorpio, I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement