Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for Making Invites?

Options
  • 11-07-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi, I'm getting married soon and there are a lot of invites to go out. I noticed they're quite expensive so I am going to have a crack at doing them on my PC and printing them on good quality card. Can anyone recommend any SW for doing this? (Free if possible) ;)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

You can actually do nice things with word and publisher.
    On a more professional level you would be talking about the Adobe suite but its a steep learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

We used Publisher. Invites came out superb. Can upload the template if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I did some for a friend in Publisher before. If you only have an inkjet printer it could work out more expensive to print them yourself though. What my friend did was bring the file along to Reids in Nassau Street and printed them there - worked out quite cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

We just used MS Word, messed around with the tabs and so on and we got some booklets and invites in the same box, used those and they came out grand. It was far cheaper than sending them to a printers to get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Ruu wrote:
    We just used MS Word, messed around with the tabs and so on and we got some booklets and invites in the same box, used those and they came out grand. It was far cheaper than sending them to a printers to get done.

Agreed - I did exactly the same and they worked out beautifully. It's alot of work but very satisfying when you have finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

The content's what's most imporant.

Basically, see DeBrett's. There's a load of ignorant and raw American rubbish on the internet on sending wedding invitations.

I've seen some cringe-worthy stuff fall through my letter box (including loud coloured pen, transparent plastic, ribbons, pot pourri, incorrect spelling, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Word and especially publisher are easy to use for this.

I have done my dughters invites, details of everything for an Italian wedding, order of service, invites to reception for those not going to Italy all on Publisher.

Good quality card / paper is essential. Although a bit expensive inkjet will cope with thicker card and fancier paper than laser. If you want colour laser printers are expensive and finicky

Would be glad to advise if required

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I have uploaded our booklet for anyone that wishes to use it. Please note it's in publisher format.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XQCO629H

Advertisement