Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Band (music) question

• 02-08-2006 8:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My wedding is on Sep 1st this year and After booking the band and paying a deposit in Feb just gone I am now chasing the band to make sure all is ok.

I got a call from them to confirm that they are all set for the wedding and they will supply a DJ afterwards also.

Question is they mentioned that the full amount of the gig was to be paid in full before they play and it was to be cash?

Cash i can understand as they might have an issue with bounced cheques in the past and i prefer cash anyhow,

My issue being the full amount, Is this the norm or should i say half at the start and the rest paid at the break?

I have seen the band and they sounded great and also seem nice enough but alarm bells are ringing in my head and i only have 4 weeks to the big day?

cheers for the advice.

D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭fuse

I wouldn't advise you to pay in full beforehand.

Half before & half after is very reasonable, they can't argue with that.

Just make sure you've got someone who'll be around/sober enough to pay at the end!

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

cheers my thought is to pay 50% before they play and then 50% at the break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gastropod

We got married in June and we paid the band a booking deposit of around 40%, 6 months in advance and the remainder after they finished. If you haven't paid anything yet, maybe suggest sending them a cheque for half now and pay the rest in cash after the performance? It'll all turn out fine on the day anyway! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭obrien_pa

I'd agree with all the other responses to your query, OP.

Half beforehand is fair enough. Cash is also reasonable. But paying all up-front doesn't appear a practical way of doing things. I'm sure if you propose the compromise, the band will agree - it's only fair to both parties.

Stick the money in an envelope, give it to your best man and enjoy the day and night - don't worry, it'll all turn out right!!:cool:

the deposit has been paid, 200yoyos, has been paid, balance of 1400 or 1600 needs to be paid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Why not pay them at the interval on the night?
    That not a happy medium?

You have to pay them either way...

my fears are put to rest, I have a family member who has been to a wedding out west were they played, She said they were very good and had the same pay deal so I wll pay as requested.

At the end of the day if they do stuff it up word will get around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I paid my wedding band in cash - that part is certainly normal.
    Paying 100% before the big day though ............ I would suggesting giving them a few hundred Euro now & the balance on the night (usually it is 1 of the best man's jobs to ensure that all these people get paid on the day!)

Advertisement