Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

want to marry in manor house

• 20-07-2006 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I would like to marry in a manor house as close to Galway City as possible next summer. Does any have an suggestions...or have you attended a wedding in a manor house in Galway county or elsewhere in Ireland? What was your experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

If you look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054956545 <---this thread you will see that you can't get married in a manor house here. At least not for another year or so, it seems. It's a church or registry office. Hopefully this will change (I actually thought it had already but apparently not) but for right now, it's not legal outside of those two venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

I thought that might be the case. I would at least like to have the reception at a manor house..dinner, dancing, etc.

Has anyone been to a wedding reception held at one.

Has anyone heard of Cregg Castle in Galway county? The website seems to be down, so I don't know if they are still openfor business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

You can rent Lough Cutra castle in Gort, Co. Galway...

E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

This website has a pretty comprehensive list of castles or manor houses which can be rented in Ireland http://www.tourismresources.ie/cht/castles.htm They don't all do weddings though, so you might need to hire caterers for certain venues.

Knappogue Castle in Clare looks the most impressive, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i went to my uncles wedding last august and the reception was in a manor near that big abbey. for the life of me i cant remember the name of either the manor or the abbey. its in the connemara region tho. i know thats a good bit out of galway city but it was so amazing. absolutely beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

that was no help at all! SORRY!

I'm interested in the Connemara area as well, so I am interested in the name of the manor house your uncle's wedding was in by the Abbey if you can remember it.

As for everyone else's suggestions, very good. Keep the suggestions coming and I appreciate them.

Advertisement