Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Worztron wrote: »
    487072.jpg

That fella is just an endless source of craic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Worztron wrote: »

Excellent stuff though I'm more of a Strawberry Smiggles type myself. :pac:

488621.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

1568294415-20190912.png

71486961_2411773049083743_4949842150989758464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQl8K2B7L8HyaE5stNa_XAZWXhFvx-dwhaL9rt7MYgNL0aboWFgRc31NYqTrqXDVO4I&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=845f3f64b7458938b7950a66b72c0218&oe=5E049899

0?e=1571875200&v=beta&t=jnXa-YT0MW5TxDr8ubMMbybI43W8bZ0Kk6dw7AXKyP4

491209.jpg

Shamelessly lifted from a post by Blergh in AH a rather brilliant New Age Bullshít Generator

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

smacl wrote: »
    Shamelessly lifted from a post by Blergh in AH a rather brilliant New Age Bullshít Generator
    An excellent, extended example indeed of a Deepak Emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

robindch wrote: »
    An excellent, extended example indeed of a Deepak Emulator.
    Your desire experiences existential creativity"

Does this refer to my current need/compulsion to order a chinese?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Does this refer to my current need/compulsion to order a chinese?
    Your desire is incommensurable with your wish for a desire, despite that the former does not conflict with the latter.

Discuss.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Your desire is incommensurable with your wish for a desire, despite that the former does not conflict with the latter.

Discuss.

492332.jpg

492437.jpg

492800.jpg

Not exactly a gag-a-minute thighslapper of a book, but Umberto Eco's 'The Name of the Rose' has been turned into an eight-part telly miniseries for release next month.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7572868/

The Guardian is unimpressed though.

Not exactly a gag-a-minute thighslapper of a book, but Umberto Eco's 'The Name of the Rose' has been turned into an eight-part telly miniseries for release next month.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7572868/

The Guardian is unimpressed though.

I enjoyed the movie when it came out way back when. Seem to remember you using penitenziagite as a password in some hack test thread a few years ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The Newtownards Road in the heart of Protestant, unionist east Belfast is the unlikely setting for rehearsals of Abomination: A DUP Opera, the incendiary work that will open the Outburst Queer arts festival in the city next month.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/18/abomination-dup-opera-belfast-arlene-foster-drag-queen-gay-cake

The article also contains photographic proof that loyalists can't do murals too well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

This should set ye heathens back on the right path:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Treppen wrote: »

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Treppen wrote: »

for his next trick will he steal her nose?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The devil has made him stay down and now the preacher will fix his machine!

493667.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

"In an effort to get more young people to pray for world peace, the Vatican has launched a $110 wearable digital rosary, called the “Click To Pray eRosary.”

The “Click to Pray” eRosary can be worn as a bracelet and links to a mobile app that becomes activated when the user makes the sign of the cross."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

"In an effort to get more young people to pray for world peace, the Vatican has launched a $110 wearable digital rosary, called the “Click To Pray eRosary.”

The “Click to Pray” eRosary can be worn as a bracelet and links to a mobile app that becomes activated when the user makes the sign of the cross."

Unless this is a subscription I don't understand how this works, where do the church take money from? We all know our lord loves cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

You can pick it up for a mere €100

It's a re-purposed fitness band app and the person who wrote the code around the library has a strong faith in the goodness of others as sending a user's mail address to an exposed endpoint of the API results in the user's PIN being returned. Though if that's too fancy for you there's only 4 digits in the PIN with no anti-brute force mechanism, so 30 seconds to break a user's PIN.

You can pick it up for a mere €100

It's a re-purposed fitness band app and the person who wrote the code around the library has a strong faith in the goodness of others as sending a user's mail address to an exposed endpoint of the API results in the user's PIN being returned. Though if that's too fancy for you there's only 4 digits in the PIN with no anti-brute force mechanism, so 30 seconds to break a user's PIN.

So I could write a little pray-bot linked into the API with my PIN do all my praying for me? At about 100 OFPM* I'm pretty much guaranteed a place in the hereafter. Nice :)

(*Our Fathers Per Minute)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

smacl wrote: »
    So I could write a little pray-bot linked into the API with my PIN do all my praying for me? At about 100 OFPM* I'm pretty much guaranteed a place in the hereafter. Nice :)

(*Our Fathers Per Minute)

And I used to think the electric monk was satire

Advertisement