Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dual

Options
  • 19-10-2001 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

On my way to visit the auld-pair, I ran into one of your typical "ride your ass for no reason" a$$holes on the Foxrock dual-carriage-way, the stretch between Foxrock and Cabinteely, You know the type I'm sure, the kind of pr1<k who only tailgates because *you're there*, even though you're doing 70 in a zone that they'd take at 60 if you weren't around.

Anyway, this a$$hat decides to try and go around me right at the starting line. Unfortunately, my car was faster than his, and I smoked his a$$ like a cheap cigar :rolleyes: . Savor these moments kids, although they are meaningless, you must take pride in all of life's accomplishments, especially those which punish the stupid. So then as I'm about to shift from fourth to fifth, I get this funny feeling. I check the rear-view and notice a squaddie following at about 300 yards back.

*DOWNSHIFTS* (Because brake lights are basically an admission of guilt)

Guess who decides he's won our little volley, and swerves around to shove ahead of me? That's right, it's Mr. A$$-Rider. Apparently he's got the perceptive skills of a coked-up Robert Downey Jr., because he just guns it past me. And as I let my engine slow me down to a cool 60, the cop swerves around and darts off after my partner in crime. And as I made my turn, I noticed those oh-so-familiar lights as the opposition got the starch knocked out of his sails.

You'd think that people would be able to tell that they should follow my lead from the license plate frame. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Haha :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

As they tend to say in Dublin

nice wan

A very well written story, and quite funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

hehe, nice wan! :)

Done something like that, only from the opposite perspective on my way down to Kerry one time...

If anyone knows the main Limerick - Tralee road, there's a little town called Castleisland, anyways the road there is really crap coming into there, but becomes a wide downhill straight after the town. I was pissed off being stuck behind 6 or 7 cars at 45 - 50 so I was hoping the guys up front would start the foot down on the good road. They didn't, so I thought, maybe it's just the 1st guy, the ones behind will start overtaking and we'll get past eventually: no such luck... fuck it, long downhill straight, wide, I'm going for it!

Pull out, cruising by all these KY reg cars doing 45, I'm doin 65 or so... ok so the hill helps, speed gets up to 75/80... suddenly spot feckin squad car lights hidden in a gateway ahead on the left - feck! Hit the brakes (gently-ish) (cos there was no one behind me to be admitting guilt to), get back down to 68 when going past the cops... luckily there was a car between me & the speed gun, got a good look at the guy pointing it at us :)

Pulled past all the feckin locals and the guy doin 50mph at the front has the cheek to flash his lights at me. Feckin locals, knew where the Gardai were... didn't see blue flashing lights so knew I was alright... just about :)

Funny thing was, I was talking to a friend of my mates in a pub later that night, told him the story, then he informed me he was a cop ... not that he could do anything anyway but twas a funny coincidence all the same :)

Al.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Reminds me of the time you told that poor taxi-driver that you were a student cop after getting him talking about how fast he could get his Astra (or whatever it was). The por guy nearly **** himself but copped (no pun intended!) on when I was stretched out the back seat laughing after seeing the reaction!

You're some can of piss McDermo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Kharn
    Reminds me of the time you told that poor taxi-driver that you were a student cop after getting him talking about how fast he could get his Astra (or whatever it was). The por guy nearly **** himself but copped (no pun intended!) on when I was stretched out the back seat laughing after seeing the reaction!

You're some can of piss McDermo!

rotfl :)

That was funny alright.... poor guy, I felt sorry for him at the time...

Al.

Advertisement