Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert Results Rechecks

• 05-10-2001 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

I got back the results on the one subject i had checked today which was english i had gotten a d3 in pass which i thought was pretty bad so i had it checked and well somehow the tw4t that corrected it the first time left out a % or 2 as i was awwarded a bloody A2 this really makes me bloody wonder who the hell they have correcting these things i feel so sorry for people who may have lost on a college spot because some eejit cant correct a test properly ah well what do expect its the goverment :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

fair play.

still waitin on mine, i got 39% in maths and they had mistakes in it too ffs. I'm not holdin my breathe tho cos our school was ****ty and sent off the forms late. GRRR, don't need it now, but it would be nice for 2yrs down the line if i wanna do another course.

Gideon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Whenever you have exams you seem to have loads of problems with results. In the LC, in college exams etc.

The Dept. Of Education should really try to get a system in place where by these kind of occurances are avoided. Obviously this is an extreme case but those extra few percent that might be warranted in many exams could make a huge difference to someones life. To some it might mean having to take another course, to others it could mean a year repeating.

English is one subject where you might expect a difference due to marks being based on a subjective correctors opinion but that kind of jump is absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Hold on a sec,
    Aren't the exams marked twice before they come out anyways? Shouldn't a jump like that be completely out of the question? There must be something really really wrong with the way things are done at the moment.
    I also wonder when you ask for a re-marking is the marker aware of the result you got originally? I guess not as it would influence his marking but aren't the papers written on by markers?

If this kind of thing is happening then there needs to be a serious investigation into the whole thing.

My brother (doing the LC next year) told me that there will be college students correcting the exams next year? I know if I was asked to do it when I was in college I would've just given everyone a C2 and taken the cash :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcderd

thats not very nice but it is certainly true!
    (no evidence to support these assunptions i i hold that same point of view!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Got up graded to D3 from my failed maths, i knew they was wrong, and of course they know what ya got before. its on the cover and through all the pages. duh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement