Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So HALO: Reach is out tomorrow

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Multiplayer is what most people will be getting this for.
    It may be dated looking but there is something about the multiplayer gameplay that just makes it fun to play.
    There is definitely an issue with the sound,its very muffled and not as clear as expected.

Everything is as i expected apart from weird sound issue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dcully wrote: »
    There is definitely an issue with the sound,its very muffled and not as clear as expected.
    Try taking your helmet off... :P

I'm very glad people are enjoying it, I will have access to it at the weekend when I finish building my new PC and have Win 10 running :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Played a game or two there. Looks fine, basically upscaled Reach, but it is a 10 year old console game to be fair.

Plays well enough and I found it fun, but I have two big issues with this compared to the original 360 version (which I've played recently, so it's not nostalgia or anything like that)

1) Movement seems strangely floaty with keyboard and mouse, not precise...anyone else? 2) The audio is bad, really bad, main menu is fine, but in-game, everything sounds distant and tinny, some weapon sounds are barely audible above the ambient noise of the environment.

First one could've been a server issue, will give it a much longer play through after work later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I didn't play anymore than Halo 1 and most of 2 back in the day.

Reach was ... short. Very much a rehash of Halo CE. The mission structure followed on very similarly. The story was fine, I suppose. It was explained very poorly though, and I have no idea how the ... MC ... ends upon the PoA ... after the events of Reach. Cortana, maybe, ok makes sense. The rest, no.

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. I paid nothing for it given I have 3 years of Xbox for all of about 80 quid but even if I'd paid a tenner, I'd be feeling a bit let down. Strong points of the Halo universe all there, using any weapon you find being it's ultimate strong point, but it's aged now. You need story to hold the aging components up, and it wasn't here.

I hope the rest are as good as I remember.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

1) Movement seems strangely floaty with keyboard and mouse, not precise...anyone else?

Yes but its inconsistent, good at times then bad at times, as you say it could be serverside but its slightly odd.

Your also correct about the sound, they have already acknowledged it themselves and are working on it.

I find it quite enjoyable,
    Will it be my main multiplayer fps? No but i will definitely be playing it a lot more.
    Destiny 2 pvp for me is modern Halo and im totally addicted to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Dcully wrote: »
    Multiplayer is what most people will be getting this for.
    It may be dated looking but there is something about the multiplayer gameplay that just makes it fun to play.

Everything is as i expected apart from weird sound issue.

Played some campaign there last night and yes, the sound was awful. I turned the music and voice etc down to 50% and left FX up at 100% and even with my sub up high, firing of weapons etc was very underwhelming. Whereas I remember being blown away on console by the sound of dual-wielding SMGs etc.

Found the gameplay fairly boring, not sure I'll manage to play all the way through!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Main thing I noticed about the sound was the thing I could hear the most was the panting and grunting of the spartans over everything else.

Now that I've gotten into it more and playing with a few friends, it's actually great craic. Took me a bit to find that groove though, first few games I was sort of thinking "maybe it's aged more poorly than I anticipated" but now I'm falling in love with the game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice. Just finished Reach Co-Op the other day with a friend, was an absolute blast. Obviously the gameplay has dated a bit and it's limited by the fact it was originally designed for a 15 year old console, but the artwork, direction and backdrops are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All the Halo games are absolutely brilliant in co-op. Halo 3 with a mate was one of the most fun games i've played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

CastorTroy wrote: »

Only two player though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Only two player though, unfortunately.

Does it support local two player on PC? Or is it just online

Advertisement