Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinus lift and flying

Options
  • 30-11-2019 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am going to have a dental bone graft in my upper jaw. I am flying to Budapest to get the treatment. The dental bone graft involves a sinus lift.

I have been told after having a sinus lift you shouldn't do anything that will rapidly raise or lower pressure in your sinuses such as flying.

The problem I am having is the conflicting advice on the number of days I have to wait before flying back home.

After having my dental bone graft and sinus lift how many days should I wait before flying back home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

wanno wrote: »
    I am going to have a dental bone graft in my upper jaw. I am flying to Budapest to get the treatment. The dental bone graft involves a sinus lift.

I have been told after having a sinus lift you shouldn't do anything that will rapidly raise or lower pressure in your sinuses such as flying.

The problem I am having is the conflicting advice on the number of days I have to wait before flying back home.

After having my dental bone graft and sinus lift how many days should I wait before flying back home?

Best thing to do is email the dental surgery and ask them directly. I had the same procedure carried out but I can’t remember what he told me, I didn’t take note as I had no holidays planned... best from the horses mouth.

Even having a look now there are differing answers online so the advice of contacting the practice directly is the most prudent course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

wanno wrote: »

The flying is not the problem. Flying away is the problem....!
    ie Flying away from the person who is supposed to be looking after your post op care.....

Advertisement