Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise with P exams

Options
  • 20-11-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi looking for some advice. I am signed up to take P4 in 2 weeks and am really struggling with it. Just can't get my head around it and don't know where to start with the questions. Started really studying about a month ago.

I am considering leaving it and taking a different option in Jan. I have passed P2 and P6 so only have one option left to take.

I work in industry so no one exam will benefit me more than another.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Did you attend tuition for P4? If so your tutor should be able to help with questions.

You could always resit in March and get in another revision course for P4 in Feb for the March sitting. Use the Dec sitting as an advanced Mock in your eyes.

Failing that you can always do P5 which is mostly an interpretation/discussion paper with only about 20% calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ACCA2018

I would agree with Marty.

You haven't really done too much so far so it is not a great surprise that you are struggling. Consider taking a course for March and give it a good go. No guarantee that you would find another Option Paper any easier.

Good luck and hopefully you shock yourself in 2 weeks. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Thanks for the replies. I've been doing 2.5/3 hours a day on this, as much as any other exam I've passed but think it may not be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

ACCA2018 wrote: »
    I would agree with Marty.

You haven't really done too much so far so it is not a great surprise that you are struggling. Consider taking a course for March and give it a good go. No guarantee that you would find another Option Paper any easier.

Good luck and hopefully you shock yourself in 2 weeks. :D:D

I've taken all the lectures aswell as my own study the last month but it terrifies me!

Advertisement